• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird chirping out of control

Kae

Checking out the neighborhood
My bird is a princess parrot but she males this loud chirping noise almost constantly. Its much louder than a budgies and it makes it impossible to be around her because everytime i move or try to train her or anything she sets of. Is this a behaviour I can work on or do I just have to learn to deal with it?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
How old is she?

How long have you had her?

Has she always been like this since you got her? If not, what has changed?

When is she quiet?

What kind of cage set up does she have? Size, toys, etc

Does she get out of cage time? How much? Does she have activities to do outside of the cage?

Kae

Checking out the neighborhood
Shes 5 months old and we've had her for about 1 month. (which us a short time yes)

She started doing it about 3 days to a week in.

Shes quiet when she comes to sleep on my leg and when she can't see any people. As soon as she sees anyone she starts and dosnt stop unless I flat out ignore her. But she starts if I move or say something.

She has a medium-large sized cage and currently 6 toys which I move around and put food in alot. every few days we get another toy. And she has a lot of perches.

Out of cage time varys depending on my and her mood. 1 hour to 5 hours. Sometimes shes happy to forage and climb near me than come sleep on my leg. Other times she just chirps constantly and sits there.