• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird carrier

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Hi
I will be moving house on 8th of November moving company said they can just move cages no need to take them down or perches off just take the toys out we are hopefully getting our stuff delivered to new house same day not having to wait over night which is good

my question is which is best bird carrier ?
Would pico and indie be ok in one mango own or seeing how they get on three in one carrier ?
(Will only be an hr n half max) then cages first thing to come off can and set up

how do I get them in there ?
and should I get one now have it open when they play on floor etc hopefully so they can noisy inside ?

many advise would be amazing on bird travel
thank you

jeffsf

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jeff
We have an Extra Small Deluxe Pet Travel Carrier, Red that we keep at the ready for emergencies ("cat carrier"). Although Kodi doesn't like it, we always have something right there in case we need to evacuate quickly. With other animals, we find that the semi-enclosed carriers seem to reduce stress by reducing the visual stimulation of all that might be going on. It was around $20 on Amazon US when we bought it a couple of years ago. I'm not sure why it is showing so expensive right now.

We've looked at other carriers, but we don't take the parrots out and about, so the inexpensive carrier is functional for us.

Playing "peek-a-boo" with a towel over the bird's head can help to be able to swaddle a bird in an emergency situation later on.

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
We have an Extra Small Deluxe Pet Travel Carrier, Red that we keep at the ready for emergencies ("cat carrier"). Although Kodi doesn't like it, we always have something right there in case we need to evacuate quickly. With other animals, we find that the semi-enclosed carriers seem to reduce stress by reducing the visual stimulation of all that might be going on. It was around $20 on Amazon US when we bought it a couple of years ago. I'm not sure why it is showing so expensive right now.

We've looked at other carriers, but we don't take the parrots out and about, so the inexpensive carrier is functional for us.

Playing "peek-a-boo" with a towel over the bird's head can help to be able to swaddle a bird in an emergency situation later on.
thank you I did look at cat carriers and thought might be a good idea as it’s darker plus I think they may play in it if I have it out with door open get them use to it

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
three in one carrier ?
Definitely not three in one carrier.
If I remember correctly, Pico and Indie are not bonded? So they must all be separate. You will 3 carriers. Pain in the butt I know, but safer than taking them in an unbonded pair or group and ending up in a fight.

and should I get one now have it open when they play on floor etc hopefully so they can noisy inside ?
That´s a good idea ;)
You can add a small toy in there to pique interest. During the move, you can put a small toy, something light like a PP toy, or yukka, or simply some millet spray if you don´t mind the mess. No heavy or loose toys while in transit.

If it comes to the day of the move and they won´t go in the cage after giving them plenty of chance, then towel with a teeshirt and put them in.

owlsthetic

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
I think the celltei carriers with dividers look pretty good personally and might be easier than buying and carrying separate carriers

Bird Travel Carrier for 3 birds, two love birds and a Meyer's parrot

Airline Travel Carrier for two small birds

Airline Travel for three very different Birds

They're really pricey but the quality is really worth it imo. I only have the Birdie GoGo from them but I am planning to buy a Pak-O-Bird or one of the airline carriers for potential longer trips myself
Thank you will have a look

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Definitely not three in one carrier.
If I remember correctly, Pico and Indie are not bonded? So they must all be separate. You will 3 carriers. Pain in the butt I know, but safer than taking them in an unbonded pair or group and ending up in a fight.

That´s a good idea ;)
You can add a small toy in there to pique interest. During the move, you can put a small toy, something light like a PP toy, or yukka, or simply some millet spray if you don´t mind the mess. No heavy or loose toys while in transit.

If it comes to the day of the move and they won´t go in the cage after giving them plenty of chance, then towel with a teeshirt and put them in.
no they aren’t bonded I don’t think but follow each other around or indie mainly follows pico when out go into pico cage together when they are out together with me there and play in his cage together so I thought they maybe ok together in a carrier but I will buy thing I reckon I can get pico in
indie n mango maybe with millet :banghead:

cages are going to do one last so they are first off I can set them up while rest is getting unpacked of van what I normally do with reptiles

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
I went with this one (well three) but just got one out for them to explore :heart:

Attachments