• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird can fly but he's lazy

Aurentha

Moving in
Real Name
Moth Scott
I have two conures, they were lightly clipped as a baby by the breeder but still very strong fliers even during that time.

A while ago one got sick, he's doing much better now but doesn't like flying much. His brother will do laps around the room and flies everywhere but he just prefers walking and only flies if he absolutely has to. But that's the thing, he can fly perfectly fine it's just rare when he wants to.

The problem is he's getting lazy and chowing down on his food and not flying anywhere to burn it off so he's getting a bit chubby, any ideas on how I can get him to fly again?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I have a flighted bird that doesn't fly often. My suggestion is to make a lot of climbing opportunities and switch to foraging. Even if it's just dividing his food in bowls around the room, it will help!

Here's my bird's setup
PXL_20220919_215245059.jpg

Aurentha

Moving in
Real Name
Moth Scott
thank you, there are plenty of climbing opportunities for the boys but I'll start making more foraging places for them