• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird cage boundries

Browniew55

Moving in
Real Name
Wendy brown
hello, yesterday we moved our two 7 month old sibling IRN’s (sex unknown) into separate cages. The cages are next to each other and the top opens with a stand. So this morning we put their veggies on their respective stands but they keep moving over to each others stand, I would like to discourage this as I want their cages to be their own sanctuary as Gizmo chases Lacey away from food all the time. Am I correct in thinking this is the way to go and if so how can I keep them on their own stands? They are free all day unless we go out And they have a large bird gym that they share.

MR. Mango

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
It might be a good idea to place the veggies on the play stand in an area that’s neutral, but as long as they aren’t being aggressive with each other I don’t really see any problems with them going onto each other’s stands

Browniew55

Moving in
Real Name
Wendy brown
Thanks Mr. Mango, I have been watching them today and Gizmo toddles over to Laceys cage they have a big squawk at each other and Lacey just flies away, so I have been moving Giz back to his own because I know he (I call him a he for now) thinks everything food and toys are soley his.