• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird boarding questions.

optimisticStar

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
I have to be away from home for 3-4 weeks and don't have anyone who can take care of my babies. It would be an international trip, so will be difficult to take them along in the long journey.

I did come across bird stores in here in California that provide bird boarding services. Any idea if those services are just for a day or they keep them for long time? I am going to call and ask them too.

What do you do when you have to go on a trip?

Lupen

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kaitlyn
I know the bird stores here board for more than a day; I know one macaw that's been at one of the stores for weeks. :( My avian vet also boards. Worth noting though most require a vet visit within the last year, not sure if that's the case for your area but I'd hope so.

Personally haven't had to board my own birds though so I can't actually attest to the experience.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
I always board at my bird's vet. I trust him and his staff implicitly and they get her out of the cage every day and she gets to sit up front and visit with the receptionists. Most important, if she gets sick they will recognize it immediately and she will get any treatment she needs.