• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird bite photos (Warning ~ Graphic)

Icey

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Frankie got me again. I was cleaning up his mess last night and accidently picked up a peanut. He wasn't happy and let me know it.
He got me in the vein so blood squirted everywhere. I used a towel to stop the bleeding then put 3 bandaids on it. It hurts like you know what and as soon as my pain pills kick in and i am brave enough to take the bandaids off, I will post another picture.
This is it now.

Attachments

Greylady1966

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Carol
Hope it heals soon. Bites on hands are so hard to keep closed.

Icey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Everytime I move my hand it starts bleeding again. Pain meds are helping but it's still throbbing.
Frankie knows he hurt me and is being so cautious today. He's not attacking his toys either, and keeps calling for me to go in the kitchen with him.
He's my big boy, just a bit hormonal which is making him aggressive.
It was over in a second and the look on his face was like ut oh when he saw the blood and he went running in his hut to hide. I called him out and he came out with his head down. I told him he was naughty for biting me and I was trying to keep so quiet so hubby wouldn't know what happened as he was in the living room. I wanted to scream so bad.

Greylady1966

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Carol
I'm sure many people would have screamed. Very tender, thin skin on top of the hands. Do you think something like Steri-strips would help hold it?

Feathery

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Nichole
Looks like an occlusive bandage is needed. That flap of skin is going to continue to move around and come apart with how much we use and wash our hands. And unfortunately it's even worse for older people with thin skin and the skin cannot be stitched. You can pick some up at drug store.

Something like this:

Icey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Thank you for your advice regarding steri strips and all. I am going to the store today so will speak to the pharmacist and get something suitable.

scrape

Celebirdy of the Month
Ouch! You poor thing.:sadhug2:

kitty04

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
sarah
I love my birds as much as life itself but there is a reality to being enslaved to a large parrot. They bite.

A "few" of the bites I took photos of. Pain means nothing to me (anymore). :D

This is actually the second bite in exactly the same spot.

This is the first time he got me there.

Second day. Had a black eye for a week. :(

The nasty scar after it healed. Tika has "branded" me.

Got this one right on the chin. :eek:

He doesn't have a favorite spot. He'll nail me where ever it's convenient.

And of course the biggest target of all!!!

I dont have an image, but male budgie clamped his beak on my thumb when I first got him, I swear it hurt bad. they're just as bad. but they don't draw blood. why does your bird bite so much?

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
I dont have an image, but male budgie clamped his beak on my thumb when I first got him, I swear it hurt bad. they're just as bad. but they don't draw blood. why does your bird bite so much?
They don't bite that often any more. (This thread is 13 years old).

A very complicated question. The short answer is birds can't disagree or say no so they bite. The real problem is the humans lack of understanding and ability to read their birds. They speak loud and clear. We don't listen.

This is the long answer
:)

kitty04

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
sarah
They don't bite that often any more. (This thread is 13 years old).

A very complicated question. The short answer is birds can't disagree or say no so they bite. The real problem is the humans lack of understanding and ability to read their birds. They speak loud and clear. We don't listen.

This is the long answer
:)

my brother has a teil, female, she was doing OK before mating season came, now she hisses alot, and wants to bite alot when not in a good mood. but she has been on his finger close ro his face, and a training perch. maybe your bird was the same, hormonal ‍♀ I agree we don't quite understand them, but we still try to study to learn.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
When you forget you're dealing with a wild bird.....

20220820_123550.jpg
Puncture wound on other side
20220820_124509.jpg
Bite was from Wednesday night. Took off the top layer of skin.....

My fault, not Secret's. Just glad she didn't bite harder.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
When you forget you're dealing with a wild bird.....

View attachment 412051
Puncture wound on other side
View attachment 412054
Bite was from Wednesday night. Took off the top layer of skin.....

My fault, not Secret's. Just glad she didn't bite harder.
Owie that's probably gonna leave a scar eh? Looks like an apple peeler attacked your finger ;) . Sorry that happened to you though :(

Icey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann

Greylady1966

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Carol
Hope it heals soon!

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Owie that's probably gonna leave a scar eh? Looks like an apple peeler attacked your finger ;) . Sorry that happened to you though :(
Pretty much!!! With a nail hole on the opposite side. Such is life..... grateful I didn't rescue a big guy like a macaw or a cockatoo.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Pretty much!!! With a nail hole on the opposite side. Such is life..... grateful I didn't rescue a big guy like a macaw or a cockatoo.
Oh man I've been bitten on the bottom lip by a Goffins Too when I was 14 and it went numb right away but blood was pouring out of the hole in the bottom of my lip and it swelled up so much. Then at another time her extremely hormonal M2 got offended that she went inside and he grabbed onto my wrist and squeezed so hard I heard and felt something pop and it took weeks for the bite marks to fade and it was swollen and tender for quite awhile.

Da KING

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
STEPHEN JAMES WALKER
Hey there , that hand of yours looks nasty . My new Kakariki :HENRY: is coming along in leaps and bounds and I think I will get him talking but I have to watch myself when I am changing his water and food as he does not like people in his trritory but other than that he is fine. He has to learn when playing with me to ease up on his biting strngth. I can see why Kakarikis have a shortened life expectancy as during the day they never stop moving. I love his craziness as when playing he bounces around as if he is getting electrocuted.:laughin::hla::omg: Also when Iplay music he has a ball with his own version.:rfkaky:.