• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird bite photos (Warning ~ Graphic)

Feather

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
What was the problem caused by? Bacteria or an actual scratch to the eye? Sorry if this is a dumb question but it sounds like both your eyes ended up affected?
Actual scratch to the eye. The other wasn't physically affected, just heavily photosensitive while the injured one healed... I don't really understand it, tbh.

Riyam

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Riyam
Guys... what South American parrots have the least scary bites generally speaking?

ParrotNuts

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Atharv
Guys... what South American parrots have the least scary bites generally speaking?
Pyurrah conure bites are least scary in my opinion because of their elatively smaller beaks(thn aratinga conures and macaws):)

scott199

Walking the driveway
id like to join your club please, does this qualify, all the way round to the nail, no stitches required as im just tough :rofl:

Did take a good few hours to stop bleeding, like a little razor blade slice
7C1233E4-A24B-4640-9653-6724F89931C5.jpeg

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Parrotlets are the smallest birds in the parrot family but can have big personalities like their larger counterparts... the Amazons.
Never would you ever need a stitch from one of these tiny little buggers....

Image result for Where do parrotlets come from

Parrotlets are a group of the smallest New World parrot species, comprising several genera, namely Forpus, Nannopsittaca, and Touit. They have stocky builds and short tails and are endemic to Middle and South America. In the wild, parrotlets travel in flocks ranging in size from about four to over a hundred birds.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parrotlet

peaches13

Strolling the yard
I have a nice GCC in my room then I got super nipple GCC then happens.
I did not know GCC's beak can rip off my finger skin..
Too painful to wash dishes when water touch my skin
Ouch:bvryafd:

Attachments

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Parrotlets are the smallest birds in the parrot family but can have big personalities like their larger counterparts... the Amazons.
Never would you ever need a stitch from one of these tiny little buggers....

View attachment 359016
Parrotlets are a group of the smallest New World parrot species, comprising several genera, namely Forpus, Nannopsittaca, and Touit. They have stocky builds and short tails and are endemic to Middle and South America. In the wild, parrotlets travel in flocks ranging in size from about four to over a hundred birds.

Parrotlet - Wikipedia
My parrotlets would take my finger off...
None of my birds fit the stereotypes :rofl:

budgieluv3

Real Name
Bear (It's a nickname)
Wow!

Zonlover

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Rebecca
Ummmm, wow. The worst I've got didn't even break the skin(it barely hurt). I guess it says something about my personality that I'm reading this thread and still want a zon.

scrape

Celebirdy of the Month
I don't have any pictures (it was a long time ago), and it pales in comparison, but my cockatiel bit me one time he was emergency toweled. Grabbed hold and just keep grinding on the spot between my thumb and other pointer finger. Was hard to get him off. Bloody and looked pretty bad, but of course no noticeable scar years later. Just in case anyone thinks little birds can't cause pain. They just have to be in a certain circumstance.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
Ummmm, wow. The worst I've got didn't even break the skin(it barely hurt). I guess it says something about my personality that I'm reading this thread and still want a zon.
I'd highly recommend volunteering at a shelter. You'll get to experience a number of good, bad, and ugly in a variety of species

scrape

Celebirdy of the Month
I got bit!
I volunteered at the parrot rescue today! LOVED IT! I was giving a sulfer crested cockatoo small piece of banana chip through the cage. He liked my finger better. I had no reaction and they had first aid. Here is a bandaid pic, I will post again when I take it off.
20201201_140500.jpg
I had such a wonderful time. And I'm happy that I'm in the cockatoo-bite club!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I got bit!
I volunteered at the parrot rescue today! LOVED IT! I was giving a sulfer crested cockatoo small piece of banana chip through the cage. He liked my finger better. I had no reaction and they had first aid. Here is a bandaid pic, I will post again when I take it off.
View attachment 364183
Lol :congrats5:
You sound so happy and proud to get bit! :laugh:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I got bit!
View attachment 364183

LOL Welcome to the club. I kinda felt the same way when I got my first bite. Now, I'm less thrilled to be part of the club.:rolleyes: I hope your finger is okay.

So, I'm at the point where I apparently don't even realize I've been bit. :rolleyes: Elvis does not do it on purpose but when we play catch twice a day things can get out of control if I'm not super careful. His new thing is trying to hang his sock on my shoulder. No idea why. Which of course I try not to let him but he can be quick and usually drops the sock and grabs my shoulder by accident. Two days ago, I was putting on make up and was like what on earth is wrong with my neck/shoulder. Huge bruise and a 2 inch scab apparently from Mr. Elvis that I didn't even realize I had gotten. Sigh.

Last edited:

scrape

Celebirdy of the Month
LOL Welcome to the club. I kinda felt the same way when I got my first bite. Now, I'm less thrilled to be part of the club.:rolleyes: I hope your finger is okay.

So, I'm at the point where I apparently don't even realize I've been bit. :rolleyes: Elvis does not do it on purpose but when we play catch twice a day things can get out of control if I'm not super careful. His new thing is trying to hang his sock on my shoulder. No idea why. Which of course I try not to let him but he can be quick and usually drops the sock and grabs my shoulder by accident. Two days ago, I was putting on make up and was like what on earth is wrong with my neck/shoulder. Huge bruise and a 2 inch scab apparently from Mr. Elvis that I didn't even realize I had gotten. Sigh.
I think my finger will be alright. It might scar, but probably not. I'll just have to wait and see. It's swollen and will be/is bruised, but the pain died down. I looked up the difference, and it was a lesser sulfer crested. So basically the smaller kind. It happened fast!