• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird bite photos (Warning ~ Graphic)

Icey

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
I never thought I would post in here but Frankie caught me the other day.
It was totally unexpected and no warning.
He had been eating some treats and I picked up a banana chip to give him. I guess he didn't want it and let me know.
The picture is 4 days after it happened.

Attachments

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
I never thought I would post in here but Frankie caught me the other day.
It was totally unexpected and no warning.
He had been eating some treats and I picked up a banana chip to give him. I guess he didn't want it and let me know.
The picture is 4 days after it happened.
You are now officially owned. :)

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Ouch! Sorry you got bit.

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oof, right on the nail bed! :eek:
I'm not looking forward to the day Taco gets a good chomp in. Yowch!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Ouch! @Icey thats a real tender spot. I’ve had tiny cuts there from the bottom beak but nothing like the job Frankie did there.
Hope it heals real fast :)

Katcat

Sitting on the front steps
I swear mostly its because we are squishy and they are not haha Sheesh! I have trauma from a Cockatoo that a family friend owned getting scared and massivley biting me. I don't think I could trust a bigger bird adn that in turn would affect my relationship. Lorrikeet granding and pinching is bad enough *Glares are her new baby birds*

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Echo got me today :( We were going down the stairs. For some reason he occasionally freaks out on the stairs I'm not sure why. Things seemed fine today but I wasn't paying enough attention as I was preoccupied with others things and Echo bit me. 20200919_191515.jpg
It's possible he was trying to go after me glasses. :shrug: He seemed calm before and after the bite. Right now he's calm, on me and getting scritches :)

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I hope that heals fast @Sarahmoluccan. That is your temple is it not?
Thanks :bluhug: Luckily I heals pretty quickly from cuts :) He got me on my temple. That's around where he got me the first time he ever bit me. It was sore for about an hour afterwards but feels ok now :)

BrianB

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
My right hand and forearm tend to get the worst of it. I'm constantly scratched, bitten, or bruised there. You can't see all of it, but the webbing between my thumb and first finger is pretty bruised and swollen. My greenwing clamped down on me pretty hard. She was stepping off of the cage so I could put her away and instead of stepping off of the side of the dome top, she came straight down the side, then realized she was going to fall forward. She grabbed onto me to steady herself. She's a big girl with a big beak. I hope she didn't pick up the colorful language I unleashed. My wrist is scratched and bruised from a blue & gold and one angry scarlet at the store. The B&G needed her nails done and I'm constantly getting scratched by her before she gets groomed. She makes up for it by giving me kisses on the cheek and letting me cuddle her when she has a bad day. The scarlet had just jumped from my arm to a tree where a resident psychotic cockatoo sits. It would have been a bloodbath if they had gone at it, so I snatched him off of the tree. The birds emerged blood free, the human not so much.

Attachments

BrianB

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
I've had a day. The African grey caught my finger this morning and tore a layer of skin off. My greenwing got me again last night. That's going to leave a nice bruise, and she probably picked up a lot more colorful words. At least she said she was sorry. The buffons got me the other day and that has blossomed into a big bruise on my arm. In addition to that, I was building a cage for a new pair of macaws this morning and got whacked in the face by a cage tray. The tip of my nose is swollen and red. I've had enough. I'm going to bed.

Attachments

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
@BrianB This thread is such a magnet for the "look-see" of the latest tragedy..... you've earned a new nick name "Boo Boo Brian"!!!

AmberC

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Amber
My worst bites have came from my budgies! My lorikeet’s bites tickle :)

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
The worst bite I've ever had was a tiny puncure from Kiwi's beak (The only time he drew blood, he was mad that I woke him up lol) :lol:

Nothing compared to everyone with large birds :eek:

Feather

Avenue Veteran
I don't have any photos but it's acting up again today so heck, might as well share as warning not to be complacent around softbills either. The worst injury I've ever gotten from a bird was from this beak.
1602261118289.png
I was lying down when little fledgling Marii came along and pecked me in the eye. I thought I was fine until the next morning I woke up and couldn't open my eyes. An ophthalmologist, medicinal eyes drops, several days of being unable to see, and a year and a half later it still causes me grief. ;)

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I don't have any photos but it's acting up again today so heck, might as well share as warning not to be complacent around softbills either. The worst injury I've ever gotten from a bird was from this beak.
View attachment 357153
I was lying down when little fledgling Marii came along and pecked me in the eye. I thought I was fine until the next morning I woke up and couldn't open my eyes. An ophthalmologist, medicinal eyes drops, several days of being unable to see, and a year and a half later it still causes me grief. ;)
What was the problem caused by? Bacteria or an actual scratch to the eye? Sorry if this is a dumb question but it sounds like both your eyes ended up affected?