• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird Bite from Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Besta3

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Jackie
Well, I am officially owned by Baby as she bit me today. Surprise, it wasn't that hard. She thought I was doing step up and dummy me forgot to say Hi Five! So left my finger in the beak and then we had a discussion about the whole thing.:hehe:

We had company today. Auntie Tina and her friend Larry came to call. Baby got so excited she went through her entire repertoire and circled the cage at about 10 mph.

When it calmed down, Baby sat in the doorway to her cage and ate from her treat cup. Dried cherries and graduates puffs are the treats for training. I think we might be getting Baby out of the cage this week. I love this crazy bird.:heart:

So, maybe if I think:o: before I approach her and let her know my intent, I'll avoid the bites, but it was so nice to find out that it was a warning and not a frightened or mean lash out. Isn't it nice when they're smarter than us.

Billie Faye

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
Glad you had the discussion with Baby! The first time will set the mood for the next...go slow and watch...:hug8:

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
I am glad you were not hurt and things are going good between you and Baby thanks for sharing

M

M.C Bird Rescue

Hi Jackie. I am glad you decided to work with baby. I was supposed to call you but totally forgot. I am so busy and talking to bird people all day I get lost and sort of confused on WHO i called. Kills me. Good Luck and always ask if you need help in anything. This is a GREAT group. Never feel dumb or inadequate. EVERYONE here is awesome and can help you in any aspect of care and behavioral issues. Have fun, and enjoy your baby. :cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.