• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Billy my conure

Maria dav

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Maria
I have a conure who is 34 years old. We moved this year so she has been exhibiting strange behaviors like sleeping a lot and on the bottom of her cage. I thought it might be her age. But I'm going to see if I can get her into a vet here. Does anyone have experience with a conure this old I'm concerned about her

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I think you should take her to the vet. Is there anything environmental in the new house that could be bothering her. Are her droppings normal?

@webchirp ?

Maria dav

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Maria
Completely new environment went from a city home to a country home lots of dust. Most stuff is normal but she fell of her perch twice today and her beak is getting long just showing different things she's still eating etc she just seems off

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
Good luck at vets hope she’s ok

Kiwi's Dad

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
Sending good vibes! Hope everything goes well :)

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
If her beak is getting long when it hasn't previous it could be indicative of a liver issue. Hopefully it's nothing but that's great that you'll be getting her into the vet.

Best of luck I hope your baby will be ok. Please keep us updated.

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
34 is amazing !
A move is just stressful on parrots. Any added stress can always allow health issues to rear up.

Veterinarian check is a good idea with weakness and bottom.of cage sleep.

Xtra warmth is always beneficial, radiant heat is best. I love the sweeter heater it's top notch , but a k and h cage warner will also help some.

Support/supplement feed..sometimes while they are still eating they aren't eating enough..baby bird formula is complete nutrients and Kaytee brand lists pro biotic as well. I've found adults prefer made thicker like Greek yogurt thickness, abd still served very warm. May take from you finger or a dish or mixed in something like oatmeal.

My quaker rescues age is unknown. But my veterinarian feels past 20. I keep my heater on her all the time now and give a comfort support feed of baby burd formula every day or every other day. She does take more naps th ese days. But her check up was healthy its just age

Last edited:

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thats a exceptional age for a conure i cant offer you any adviceother than whats been but wishing you good vibes

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Same as Wardy - I can’t offer any advice, but 34 is awesome :swoon: You’re obviously doing a great job