• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Karla2023

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Karla
I gave her only zupreme color pellets this morning and she has been eating. I used to give her mostly vegetables. But I do notice that her crop in the morning or during the day is never full.

BrianB

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Did they suggest or prescribe an antibiotic?

Karla2023

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Karla
Did they suggest or prescribe an antibiotic?
Yes I just got two medication
Chloramphenicol oral oil suspension 200mg
Instructions to give 0.1 ml every 8 hours for 21 days

and also unasyn/ac-cyst/albuterol 5 ml every 4-6 hours.

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
I'm glad you got results from biopsy. Clostridium is a bacteria. I'm not familiar with all antibiotics used to treat it, as metronidazole mentioned by Milo, was ehst we used.

How is her breathing? Improving? Still eating for you?

Karla2023

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Karla
I'm glad you got results from biopsy. Clostridium is a bacteria. I'm not familiar with all antibiotics used to treat it, as metronidazole mentioned by Milo, was ehst we used.

How is her breathing? Improving? Still eating for you?
Hi Pixiebeak, yes she is eating her pellets. She is still coughing, it is a dry cough. But she is playing and talking like before. The dry cough happens when she eats or moves around in her cage. At night she doesn’t cough.

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
Good Morning everyone I just received the complete results via email.

I am not sure what to expect regarding this.
@Milo
@Pixiebeak
@BrianB
Not comfortable with my memory on this. You will need your veterinarian, or other more experienced members in this .

How is your girl today? Is coughing still decreasing,? Still eating well for you ,?

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
Ok I'm linking that your bird was diagnosed with heavy metal toxicity, copper
Here

Karla2023

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Karla
Not comfortable with my memory on this. You will need your veterinarian, or other more experienced members in this .

How is your girl today? Is coughing still decreasing,? Still eating well for you ,?
Hi @Pixiebeak she is still coughing is a dry cough when she becomes active like preening and playing. I am working with my veterinarian. I was given a set of injection 2 times a day for me to administer :crycry:. I find it actually very scary. I have experience injecting/IV humans but not animals. I am a bit scare. I have already injected her once already today and she did not scream or moved. But I still don’t feel very comfortable about it. She is eating but the cough remains. When will the cough go away at least it stated since last Thursday . Every time I have to inject her is a nightmare for me.