• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

bike riding

sheeps

Moving in
i want to take my bird with me on long bike ride trips. i have a backpack made for birds to be in with a perch to stand on and its a sturdy one. any tips and tricks ??? please and thank you

Olliebirb

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Julia A
What type of bird do you have and also what is your area like? I’d suggest bringing something to cover the back pack just in case the sun is directly hitting them or they get scared

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Why do you want to take your bird on long bike rides ?

sheeps

Moving in
i have this bagpack that lets me take him out for walks and its cause i have him inside all day and i feel bad and i can tell he just wants to get some fresh air

sheeps

Moving in
What type of bird do you have and also what is your area like? I’d suggest bringing something to cover the back pack just in case the sun is directly hitting them or they get scared
its a conure and the bag pack i have is made to help with the heat / and i live in a big city

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Which brand carrier/backpack do you have?
I have the pak o bird which I think is probably the best ventilated one and it does still get hot in the direct sunlight. I’d personally be very very hesitant to use one of the partial plastic back pack carriers.

My only advices would be to keep regular check of temp, air flow and shade as needed and make sure you always have water available for your bird and always (don’t ever skip this safety precaution carry an extra bottle of clean water for it just incase.

sheeps

Moving in
UPDATE : my aunt and uncle that i live with are trying to take my bird from me, they dont like me and my uncle just told me when i go to work hes gonna take my bird from me , im planning on moving out and saving up money but they are trying to force me out with this , if i come home and my bird is gone what do i do ???? im terrified and i dont know what i can do legally

ANYTHING HELPS PLEASE THIS IS A EMERGENCY

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
UPDATE : my aunt and uncle that i live with are trying to take my bird from me, they dont like me and my uncle just told me when i go to work hes gonna take my bird from me , im planning on moving out and saving up money but they are trying to force me out with this , if i come home and my bird is gone what do i do ???? im terrified and i dont know what i can do legally

I would create a separate thread so you can get more replies. I hope you can keep your bird.

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)

Are you doing ok? It’s been a few days, I hope everything is alright

Icey

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Still no reply :shakehead:

sheeps

Moving in
UPDATE : my bird is safe and is living with grandma as of right now. my aunt and uncle are still a hot mess but im just glad my baby is safe thanks to whoever help and prayed !!!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
UPDATE : my bird is safe and is living with grandma as of right now. my aunt and uncle are still a hot mess but im just glad my baby is safe thanks to whoever help and prayed !!!
Thank you for the update. I hope you can sort out something more comfortable and suitable for you both so you can be reunited soon.