• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Big Surprise! (Sad update #14)

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
I am so sorry to hear of your loss :(

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
So sorry for your loss.

Aestatis

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
I'm so sorry :( She was such a beautiful bird. Not sure if it is already too late (burying the body), but you could always get a necropsy done to check for cause of death. Usually you have to keep the body in the fridge until you can get to a vet, but that in of itself is very stressful.

Losing a pet that's new to your home can be difficult, especially if it isn't a baby (not sure on her age). People might say "well, you've only had her for a little bit" or "it could be worse, you'd be more attached if you had her for several years". It's uniquely painful because there's a lot of experiences you were looking forward to sharing with that animal. I am sure she knew she was loved even though her time with her is short. I bet she's with the other budgies on the rainbow bridge, and is the loudest of them all.

Synth

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Hope
I'm so sorry :( She was such a beautiful bird. Not sure if it is already too late (burying the body), but you could always get a necropsy done to check for cause of death. Usually you have to keep the body in the fridge until you can get to a vet, but that in of itself is very stressful.

Losing a pet that's new to your home can be difficult, especially if it isn't a baby (not sure on her age). People might say "well, you've only had her for a little bit" or "it could be worse, you'd be more attached if you had her for several years". It's uniquely painful because there's a lot of experiences you were looking forward to sharing with that animal. I am sure she knew she was loved even though her time with her is short. I bet she's with the other budgies on the rainbow bridge, and is the loudest of them all.
Thank you. I really appreciate your kind words. We did not opt to have a necropsy done. She’s resting with my soul bird Hylia now.

We were looking forward to so many things. Introducing her to Ruta. Getting to know her more. Introducing her to my bird room (my husband has a separate bird room). Life is cruel sometimes and no matter how short, she left little feet prints on my heart.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
:sadhug:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am sorry for your loss.

Synth

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Hope
My sweet babies (Hylia and Zora) are resting beneath our pear tree. Today I noticed my pear tree blossomed. Zora was buried yesterday. I hope she likes her final resting place, her blooms are beautiful. IMG_6794.jpeg