• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Big Surprise! (Sad update #14)

Synth

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Hope
Today my kiddo (human one) had a doctor’s appointment. I missed a phone call while in the appointment. I called back after we were done as I knew the number was Zora’s previous mom. The person who took her in has discovered they are allergic to bird dander. She wanted to know if there was any way to get could still take her in. I didn’t hesitate to say absolutely. So we’ve packed it up and are making the 6 hour round trip trek to pick her up!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
That's great! Safe travels.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Ooh what a beauty!

Synth

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Hope
She is the loudest budgie I’ve ever heard. She has given us a few chirps here and there. She certainly makes her presence known!

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
She’s gorgeous

Aestatis

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
She is the loudest budgie I’ve ever heard. She has given us a few chirps here and there. She certainly makes her presence known!
Was she with a lot of birds? I have a cockatiel that was raised with a lot of other cockatiels around and all were extra loud. I think she got used to having to yell to be heard over the crowd. :laughing2:

What a beautiful bird! Hope quarantine goes fast!

Synth

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Hope
Was she with a lot of birds? I have a cockatiel that was raised with a lot of other cockatiels around and all were extra loud. I think she got used to having to yell to be heard over the crowd. :laughing2:

What a beautiful bird! Hope quarantine goes fast!
Yes she was! Her previous bird sibling was a sun conure so maybe that had something to do with it!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Beautiful bird.

Synth

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Hope
Sad update.

We got up this morning to find Zora in her forever sleep at the bottom of her cage. She was perfectly fine last night. I am unsure of what happened, I suppose this is why quarantine is incredibly important. I am worried about my other flock members as my husband admitted he hadn’t washed his hands between bird rooms last night when feeding everyone dinner as he was in a rush. So I will be watching my other babies like a hawk.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sad update.

We got up this morning to find Zora in her forever sleep at the bottom of her cage. She was perfectly fine last night. I am unsure of what happened, I suppose this is why quarantine is incredibly important. I am worried about my other flock members as my husband admitted he hadn’t washed his hands between bird rooms last night when feeding everyone dinner as he was in a rush. So I will be watching my other babies like a hawk.
Oh no this is so tragic. Im so incredibly sorry for your loss. I hope your other babies will be ok.

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
I am so sorry

Synth

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Hope
Oh no this is so tragic. Im so incredibly sorry for your loss. I hope your other babies will be ok.
Thank you. I thankfully after I noticed Navi was overweight have started weighing my babies daily. So hopefully if someone else did get sick I’ll be able to see it on the scale before symptoms show up.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thank you. I thankfully after I noticed Navi was overweight have started weighing my babies daily. So hopefully if someone else did get sick I’ll be able to see it on the scale before symptoms show up.
Weighing them is definitely a good practice to be in. I swear by it I'd weigh mine every morning and keep a daily chart of their weights. And it helped me several times over the years but especially when Nala gained 10 gains practically over night and turned out she had fatty liver disease and her liver was growing larger and pushing her other organs.

Synth

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Hope
Weighing them is definitely a good practice to be in. I swear by it I'd weigh mine every morning and keep a daily chart of their weights. And it helped me several times over the years but especially when Nala gained 10 gains practically over night and turned out she had fatty liver disease and her liver was growing larger and pushing her other organs.
I’m glad I started the habit. I also keep a chart on all of my birds. My anxiety is so high and I’m ready to throw my husband out the window.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I’m glad I started the habit. I also keep a chart on all of my birds. My anxiety is so high and I’m ready to throw my husband out the window.
Aw I completely understand that. It's hard when our family members don't always abide by proper Q measures it makes things a lot more stressful without a doubt.