• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Big day tomorrow

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Looking forward to the photos.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
She´s very beautiful!! :swoon:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Congratulations. she is beautiful.

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
Congrats she is beautiful! :cheer: :heart:

Imogena

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Joanna
Aww she's gorgeous! Hope you will have many fun adventures together! :)
Thank you. I already have fun with them. I started training Akira and Edgar is helping. Truly. First I do the training with Edgar, and then Akira imitates him. She learned how to give high four (like high five) without any training with me. She just saw Edgar do it and coppied him. I'm amazed.
Just a few minutes ago I tought Akira to touch my fingers with her beak closed. Edgar also helped. She couldn't get it so I took Edgar for the same training. He already knows it. Few repetitions later I tried this with Akira and suddenly she knew what I want from her.
The funniest thing was when I was teaching Akira "step up". After each step up I asked her to sit on the chair. I was saying "step up", "sit", "step up", "sit". And Edgar from his cage was repeating in the right moments "sit".

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thank you. I already have fun with them. I started training Akira and Edgar is helping. Truly. First I do the training with Edgar, and then Akira imitates him. She learned how to give high four (like high five) without any training with me. She just saw Edgar do it and coppied him. I'm amazed.
Just a few minutes ago I tought Akira to touch my fingers with her beak closed. Edgar also helped. She couldn't get it so I took Edgar for the same training. He already knows it. Few repetitions later I tried this with Akira and suddenly she knew what I want from her.
The funniest thing was when I was teaching Akira "step up". After each step up I asked her to sit on the chair. I was saying "step up", "sit", "step up", "sit". And Edgar from his cage was repeating in the right moments "sit".
Wow! I can't wait to hear your progress if this is how week #1 goes! Such beautiful and smart birds! Congratulations Joanna!

I love Japanese names too and Akira sure sounds like a pretty girl to me! And Edgar as a boy parrot makes me smile every time.

Imogena

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Joanna
Wow! I can't wait to hear your progress if this is how week #1 goes! Such beautiful and smart birds! Congratulations Joanna!

I love Japanese names too and Akira sure sounds like a pretty girl to me! And Edgar as a boy parrot makes me smile every time.
Awwww thank you so much :)

Last edited:

Bingbing

Moving in
I'm so excited. Tomorrow Edgar and I are getting a new friend. It is four months old female CAG. She is very sweet and playful. I hope everything will go ok. I'm nervous and excited and happy and scarred, and everything. Oh, I don't even know what more to write. I just wanted to share my excitement with all of you.
Good Morning...I think our babies are about the same age. Bingsley (Bing Bing) will be 5 months old this week. He's still getting his baby food every morning. The minute he hears me he starts the"eeking" sound. Are you hand feeding your baby?

Imogena

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Joanna
Good Morning...I think our babies are about the same age. Bingsley (Bing Bing) will be 5 months old this week. He's still getting his baby food every morning. The minute he hears me he starts the"eeking" sound. Are you hand feeding your baby?
No, Akira is already weaned (this is the word, right?). She from time to time gets mashed banana on the teaspoon.