• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Big Cage for Cockatiel?

BirdDad

Meeting neighbors
I feel like my cockatiel's current cage is too small.
I would like another one, one much larger, however I can't find any that I personally find large enough.
I found one that caught my eye—it's ginormous. I believe it's called “Montana Madeira Double Decker” yet it only seems to be available in Europe... (I'm Canadian by the way.)
I've looked online and checked out local pet and bird stores, yet there's nothing anywhere near that size that I've been able to find. (With appropriate bar spacing.)
I don't want to settle for anything too small. I want the largest cage I can find for her. Pricing honestly isn't an issue. I can save up for it.
Can anyone point me in the direction of some large cockatiel cages in Canada or the US?

blewin

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ben
It's a German company, and you might be able to have it shipped to the U.S. But the Madiera doesn't seem to be available anywhere. However, if you search on double bird cage with divider you can find a number of similar cages. That's a ginormous cage, either way.

Penny Lane

Meeting neighbors
That's an awesome cage, I can see why you'd want it for your girl!
I would suggest looking online at places like Amazon. There are also many bird stores online that sell large cages categorized by species. As with anything, always check the reviews to make sure it's right for you. I've personally picked out a very nice cage for my tiel that I found on Amazon, and am now just saving up the money for it. Take your time looking as there is no rush, if you get the right cage, you'll never need to get her a new one, and she will be very happy when she does get it! Good luck!

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
You might try looking at Cage by Design. I dont know too much about then but their cage sure do look interesting. I believe they do custom cages too, not too sure about if they ship to Canada thou.

The cage that you want is an awesome size :) It's gonna hard to find a cage of similar size. :( You might look at walk-in aviaries. They'll be more the size you are looking for. The downside is you wouldn't be able to move them around.

It's awesome you want to provide such a large cage :) I wish you the best of luck with it. And please keep us updated. We love pictures around here. Especially one of people spoiling their fids :)

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne