• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Big Bird photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamagdalena

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
I tried to edit my post on the other thread I made about Big Bird and his ring coming in but I didn't find the "edit" function anywhere so I am making a new post.

so like predicted Big Bird became furious at the camera and I didn't get any really great shots but in the last photo you can kinda see some pink peeking out. can you see it?

The first photos are of him getting made, eye pining like crazay!! :rofl: and fluffing up :rolleyes:

Attachments

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Big Bird is one gorgeous boy.:)

MollyMouse

Biking along the boulevard
He is gorgeous and it sounds like a little camera shy :heart:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
well finally new pics of Big Bird..and yes, I can see the pink coming in..HE IS ONE GORGEOUSDUDE

Compassion

Ripping up the road
Avian Angel
Real Name
Angela
Aw what a shame such a handsome boy is so camera shy!

igors mum

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
deb
i see pink to lol. bb is a handsome young fella. i get a lot of pics like that of igor to but he isnt camera shy he just wants to eat it lol. his eyes are a lighter colour then igors are still. and igor will be 2 in oct.

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
:lol: Pink, I don't think he'd be happy to hear that!

He's gorgeous. :swoon:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
:wow:
what a handsome fellow!

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine

lamagdalena

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
thanks everyone!! He is getting a lot more situated with us. It will be one year in august since he has been here. It was a very rough start, I could tell he was blind sided when he arrived, and he had been very happy in his former home.

but I think he is finally beginning to be happy here with us. He talks up a storm now, doesn't scoot away when we are near him, and likes to watch us as we speak to him. He even began flock calling to us :heart:

Compassion

Ripping up the road
Avian Angel
Real Name
Angela
Any tips for getting a bird to start talking? I'm hoping my Plumhead will talk,I noticed he's been making kissing noises so I am hopeful he'll pick up some words.

lamagdalena

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
Any tips for getting a bird to start talking? I'm hoping my Plumhead will talk,I noticed he's been making kissing noises so I am hopeful he'll pick up some words.
I am not sure if plumhead's are known for their talking ability like their cousins the alexandrines but I think defintely a few words is common.

With Hulk, my first alexandrine, I tried recording my voice saying a few phrases over and over, with some music in between to not tire him out but it didn't work at all. Then I tried saying those phrases over and over to him while we played and nothing. He didn't say a word.

then I gave up and one day he began babbling like a baby would and making noises like weeee, wooo, baaa baaa. it was shortly after that he began talking. And the phrases he knows are what we say say to day to each other and to him. None of my key phrases I had tried so hard to have him say stuck.

so I think just have him be with you and your family and friends as you have conversations and such. It is amazing what words from all that they pick up.

One of the words all my fid's say is "cookie" which is what we say to our doggies when they want a treat. My sun conure Tequila observed that whenever we would say cookie they would get treats and she learned to say it so we would give her treats :rofl::rofl: so smart!
Hulk learned to say "que paso?" or "what's happening?", i guess we say that alot too :hehe:

also another word Hulk picked up is "Steve!!" and he got that by listening to us play with out german sheperd. :hehe: Now he constantly calls out to him over and over., and he doesn't say it, he only yells it, fun :)

Last edited:

Compassion

Ripping up the road
Avian Angel
Real Name
Angela
Aw cute how they pick things up! Lol I got a babble ball and my Plumhead adores it but now I am hoping he doesn't pick any of that up because he'll sound like a monkey and my neighbors will really think I'm nuts! I wonder if they sell babble balls that let you record what you want on them hehe.

lamagdalena

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
It's funny, Erika, because I remember Hulk saying, "Gimmee Kiss!" ELF picked that up from me with very few times saying it...but when he says it, he whispers "Gimmee" and then says, "KISS!" LOL It's so funny how the birds chose what they will mimick and not. Another funny thing ELF mimicks is Boogie protesting to Tootsie...his is a bit more fun and animated sounding in that Elmo sort of way. lol
:heart::heart: I think it's an alex thing that they specifically like to kiss :dance5:
What does Boogie do when ELF is mimicking her? :hehe: I can just imagine her expression ;)

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
Big Bird has great "pinning" skills :)

He sure is handsome and yep his ring is coming in...just a bit shy yet :)

Status
Not open for further replies.