• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Big bags of parakeet seeds. Where to get them?

Azaria09

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Azaria
Hello, dear birds fans!
I would like to ask you to tell where you get big bags of seeds?
Is there any breeders bags? Or somewebsite?
I have a lot of birds (colors and size mutation hobby). And would like to buy big bags of seeds.

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Depends on what country you're in. In the UK, Northern Parrots, Garden Feathers, Scarlett's Parrot Essentials and Parrot Essentials all sell parrot food. I believe they ship to the EU but it can get expensive.

Breeding is very resource-intensive and takes a toll on birds' bodies. Seed alone is not a good diet for any bird, and especially not breeding birds. Over time, they will become deficient in various vitamins and minerals - especially calcium. Calcium is essential for healthy eggshells and bones. A hen deficient in calcium will have problems laying, her eggs may not be well-formed, and she may die.

Ideally you should feed a high quality pellet, high quality seeds, and fresh food including vegetables and sprouts. Other people will be able to advise you on percentages.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Do any of our @Vendor s sell seed or pellet in bulk?

Azaria09

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Azaria
Thank you! I wad just wandering regarding the USA. And thank you for feeding update. Would appreciate any advice.
But I have been breeding for 20 years. And making my own pallets, growing my own vegetables. Just lack of good seeds supply.
Right now getting 50 lbs bags for 40 bucks. Butt need more. And my supplier can not provide more. That is quite irritating. Setting up my third aviary. And with out proper supplies it is hard to start

Coop

Meeting neighbors
Thank you! I wad just wandering regarding the USA. And thank you for feeding update. Would appreciate any advice.
But I have been breeding for 20 years. And making my own pallets, growing my own vegetables. Just lack of good seeds supply.
Right now getting 50 lbs bags for 40 bucks. Butt need more. And my supplier can not provide more. That is quite irritating. Setting up my third aviary. And with out proper supplies it is hard to start
I'm also in the US, and buy most of my seed in 50 lb. bags and do my own mixing. I buy from two places at this time; the first one is from my local feed store, which is not a chain like Rural King, but a family business. The guy there special orders it for me; you could see if there is a similar feed store in your area. The second place is New York Bird Supply, which sells both single seeds in bulk, and mixtures like canary or parakeet in bulk. As an example, 50 lbs. of canary grass seed is $50, 50 lbs. of hulled white millet is $60. Shipping is free on all orders in the US over $50. I've gotten both single seeds and one of their mixes, and all are fresh, clean, dustfree, and will germinate. Highly recommend them. They do ship by USPS only though, so depending on your carrier, you may need to call and make arrangements to be notified and pick it up at the post office because of the weight. In my rural area, that's what I do.