• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Beware when you buy

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
The painting is absolutely magnificent! So nice that you can give back to such a wonderful rescue group!

meheartbirds

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Cynthia
IMG_0156.JPG

Prayers needed. They are all in the oxygen tent and meds are being changed again because nothing is working. Awaiting results of biopsy.

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have everything crossed for you and the little ones.

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
This is so horrible I am really sorry for your loss and I hope they can find out what is wrong to help the others. I wish the mills would get shut down and those people thrown in jail. :sadhug2:

meheartbirds

Real Name
Cynthia
This is so horrible I am really sorry for your loss and I hope they can find out what is wrong to help the others. I wish the mills would get shut down and those people thrown in jail. :sadhug2:
From what I understand, breeders can do whatever they want and no law prevents this!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
I am so sorry you and your birds are going through this.

meheartbirds

Real Name
Cynthia
I am amazed..but cautiously optimistic...not only is the oxygen helping my new flock to relax..but I started the new meds today because the vet said Gaga was showing great improvement before she suddenly died. She had probably had the disease so long she just could not handle the sudden energy. Tonight I can say..at least tonight..that my new birds are starting to show improvement in their breathing. In fact the two who were just starting to show symptoms.. have no symptoms. I cannot imagine this quick of a response but i have hope for the first time since Gaga died.

meheartbirds

Real Name
Cynthia
Is this the breeder? She is listed as the owner of the aviary on FB.
I never saw her. We talked on the phone many times before I decided on the birds I wanted. If I ever buy anymore English Budgies, I will drive or fly there as I did the first time I bought a cockatiel from a lady in Virginia. I think I mentioned her name before. Pam Sysinger.

Ankou

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra
I'm so sorry to find this today. What a sad story and horrible breeder, I hope the rest of your flock will be okay. :sadhug2:
Get well soon little ones.

meheartbirds

Real Name
Cynthia
I forgot to mention that Gaga was on her third medication try...Clavamox and Itraconazole ..which were helping when nothing else did. So my others are now on the same, as the Baytril and Doxycycline were useless. Poor Gaga ran out of time trying whatever the vet could try to help her. I hope this time we are not too late since they caught it from her I suppose being in the same cage. The breeder put them all together in the same cage a week before she sent them to get them used to each other. Made sense back then. Now I think it only served to get them all sick. My cockatiel she sent keeps his feathers fluffed but no signs of respiratory disease. So we are treating him as well.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I’m so very sorry for your loss of Gaga and that you are having to go through all of this. I hope the other birds will be okay!
:sadhug2:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So sorry about what is going on with all of the birds. I hope they can determine what is causing the illness and determine the correct treatment.