• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Best ways to help Pudge?

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I love quakers, 2 more loves id make it work.
These 2 , I want as close a chance to zero as to never be apart again . So they got back up for days now!
That is so sweet and generous of you. What a big heart you have :heart:

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
I love quakers, 2 more loves id make it work.
These 2 , I want as close a chance to zero as to never be apart again . So they got back up for days now!
I wish you could have them would be lovely
I hope they have a really good long happy life with the lady together I really do but I just feel something doesn’t sit right I don’t know why

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
I appreciate that! And yeah, I’ll definitely be getting updates. I told her to wait a couple weeks before telling me if they’re happier than ever though because i don’t know if my heart could take it :sad11:
I understand. :sadhug2: This situation is difficult. Im completely stressed as a bystander!

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
I wish you could have them would be lovely
I hope they have a really good long happy life with the lady together I really do but I just feel something doesn’t sit right I don’t know why
I understand, and if I were on the outside I’d probably have the same misgivings

Kiwi's Dad

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
I'm so sorry to hear this! Sending good vibes and a big hug :sadhug2:

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Neither of you could have predicted what happened. I don’t see any reason to be suspect of the situation. It’s just so sad that these two birds were so strongly impacted by the whole thing.

Opie was placed with the parrot rescue because his owner was having serious health issues. As it turns out, she is better and is looking to adopt another bird. I’m fortunate that there are legal contracts that we all sign when adopting or relinquishing a bird to the rescue. Opie’s former owner cannot apply to get him back. And at this point, it would be traumatic for him to have his life changed so much—again. It was awful when I had to board him and the budgie boys for a week-long work trip. He screamed for me as I was leaving him at the same place he was left by his former owner. It shattered my heart!

So I’m glad you will have a written agreement in place to keep Burt and Pudge together in case Burt’s owner has to re-home again. I hope it could be with you if needed!

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Yeah, I took him today. I cried when leaving, but seeing the way he and Burt lit up when they saw each other… I know I made the right choice. It’s sucks, but they’ll be better for it.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yeah, I took him today. I cried when leaving, but seeing the way he and Burt lit up when they saw each other… I know I made the right choice. It’s sucks, but they’ll be better for it.
*hugs* you did such an amazing thing for him and Burt. The fact they were so happy to be together again speaks volumes to just how deeply bonded they are.

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
So glad they were happy to see each bet it melted your heart here’s to up and onwards for them both

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
I’m sorry it’s painful for you, I hope in time your pain will be lessened by the updates on their happiness :bighug:

owlsthetic

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm glad to hear they have each other and how they lit up

I can only imagine how difficult this was for you though, you made a truly selfless choice for them :sadhug2:

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
Awww that would hsve been amazing to see. both joyful! And so hard on you with them both out now.

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
*hugs* you did such an amazing thing for him and Burt. The fact they were so happy to be together again speaks volumes to just how deeply bonded they are.
It was honestly so adorably wonderful and so heartbreaking (for me) - literally the moment they saw each other they both started screaming like crazy, and Burt was practically bouncing off his cage walls. Pudge looked like he was trying to bite through the carrier’s bars.

I know they’re going to be fine, but man. It sucked a lot on my end.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It was honestly so adorably wonderful and so heartbreaking (for me) - literally the moment they saw each other they both started screaming like crazy, and Burt was practically bouncing off his cage walls. Pudge looked like he was trying to bite through the carrier’s bars.

I know they’re going to be fine, but man. It sucked a lot on my end.
I can't even imagine being able to witness such a joyful reunion. Nor can I imagine having to go through that and all the emotions you must be feeling to say goodbye to both of them. I hope that you'll be able to heal and enjoy the pics and stories of them being together again. I know it so hard now but you did such a selfless thing it's so commendable.

Birdie Mama

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
:hug5:Remember the moment they saw each other, hang on to that vision. You did the right thing however hard it must have been. Thank you so much for being you. :heart: