• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Best place to shop for cages

katm89

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Kat
Hi all! I’m looking for a new cage for my Jenday/Nanday conure and haven’t been satisfied with chewy or Amazon selections. Does anyone know of other, better online stores to shop? Favorite conure cage?
Thanks!

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I got my flight cage from Kings cages. It's very high quality.

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Both of my conures are in cages i got from Amazon they are imo a good quality cages, i dont doubt that i will have replace them sooner than i would have to replace a more ecpensive cage such as @April mentioned.

jeffsf

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jeff
Be careful of any vendor that insists on checks or things like "oh, just use PayPal Friends and Family".

Vendors that still offer cages from manufacturers that are no longer in production for more than a few months are very suspicious for me. If they haven't updated their website it suggests, at best, sloppy business practices.

flyzipper

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
I have 3 cages from King's Cages, and while I really like their product (will buy again), their online experience is about as un-Amazon as possible so you'll need some patience.
  • Payment? Bank transfer.
  • Shipping? Land freight (originally asking if I'd like to use my own freight and import brokers).
  • Communication? Email with a shipping facilitator.
They feel like they're setup for wholesale customers (i.e. retailers), not the end consumer.

Keep in mind that my last experience was fall 2020 (during Covid) so things may have changed, and I'm also Canadian which may complicate things.

Kiwi's Dad

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian

Appolosmom

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bev
Birdcomfort has a pretty good selection. I have heard good things about them