• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Best Place To Buy Toys?

SkyDancer

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lauren Elizabeth
Hi everyone! :) I have 3 Amazon Parrots and am in search of new enrichment/foraging/toy options for them. Searching is becoming overwhelming. LOL. What websites do you guys use? Which ones have the best deals/quality? What stuff do your Amazons seem to really enjoy? I would love to get more ideas.

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Ann

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
What kinds of toys do your Amazons tend to like?

SkyDancer

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lauren Elizabeth
I am not sure! We just got our boys. They didn't come from the greatest home. I don't know that they had any toys previously.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I highly recommend all our vendors but I've got personally experience having ordered from Lil Monsters Bird Toys,Seriously Nutz and Oliver's Garden. All toys from these vendors have been beloved no matter my size of bird at the time.

owlsthetic

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
I am not sure! We just got our boys. They didn't come from the greatest home. I don't know that they had any toys previously.
Highly recommend the vendors here too! Quality is amazing! I don't have an Amazon but when I was first shopping for toys for my boy I got lots of "natural" toys, non-dyed wood, etc and then I found out my bird actually prefers color. The more rainbow the better. He also likes all those plastic toys too (which I hated). So I would recommend getting a good variety of toys, colored, non-colored, different materials & woods so you can find out what your birds prefer :)

LovieLouie

Sprinting down the street
I highly recommend all our vendors but I've got personally experience having ordered from Lil Monsters Bird Toys,Seriously Nutz and Oliver's Garden. All toys from these vendors have been beloved no matter my size of bird at the time.
Id have to agree!! I have also ordered from all the vendors April mentioned as well as California bird nerd, blus bird toys, TNT toys, Wingdow...
I have never been disappointed with a vendor from here and all toys are beautifully made! And my bird loves them!!!
:welcomeavenue:

SkyDancer

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lauren Elizabeth
What about perches? Are there perches which help keep their nails and beak down? Which vendor do you recommend who sells perches and toys? Prefer to order from one place if possible!

NightOwls

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award

owlsthetic

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
What about perches? Are there perches which help keep their nails and beak down? Which vendor do you recommend who sells perches and toys? Prefer to order from one place if possible!
I've ordered a flagstone perch from Seriously Nutz before which I feel has definitely help keep my bird's nails trim. He usually chews enough wood toys that I don't really worry about his beak but it should help with both :D

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I agree with @NightOwls that if you wanna get everything in one place I'd recommend Nutz. Especially her custom sized birch and dragonwood perches. I have them so they span the cage side to side and front to back and its amazing to have that connection to make it easy to traverse the cage. I'd also recommend Smorgasboard for a combo toy/treat foraging station.

SkyDancer

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lauren Elizabeth
I'm having a really hard time determining what kind of perches as well as length, diameter, etc... would work best for them.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Do a variety :) anything from 3/4" to 1.5" I would think!

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Unless I make my own, I buy from seriouslynutz.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Check out the amazon forum and look at toys that people post.

Secret likes light weight woods like balsa, basswood, soft pine.

The favorite toy that MC loved was from @Macawnutz.