• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Best heaters for aviary

Mickey678

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Bilal
Can anyone recommend a economical heater I can put in my shed for my birds

jh81

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
Thats really not a good question to ask without much needed info.

what kind of shed (wood, concrete?) does it have windows? Are they double glass, etc etc etc.

So many questions..

Mickey678

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Bilal
Thats really not a good question to ask without much needed info.

what kind of shed (wood, concrete?) does it have windows? Are they double glass, etc etc etc.

So many questions..
Hi it's a concrete shed walls a few inches thick, the roof is insulated theyres double glass windows

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
It has to be either electric or a closed hot air system like a real furnace. Anything with a flame puts off combustibles is highly toxic and will kill your birds in no time.

Reactions: tka

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You may need planning permission (Planning permission) so make sure you check whether you need to get it and get the application approved before making expensive changes like installing a heating system.

Mickey678

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Bilal
It has to be either electric or a closed hot air system like a real furnace. Anything with a flame puts off combustibles is highly toxic and will kill your birds in no time.
okay thanks, but can you suggest any paticular type

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
John's in Canada - the manufacturers and models available in Canda may be different to what's available in the UK.

jh81

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
What birds do you intend to keep? Some dont even need aditional heating if they are out of the wind and moist.

Mickey678

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Bilal
What birds do you intend to keep? Some dont even need aditional heating if they are out of the wind and moist.
blue and gold macaws finches guiennea fowl and quail the macaws will be seperated from the smaller birds

Mickey678

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Bilal
You may need planning permission (Planning permission) so make sure you check whether you need to get it and get the application approved before making expensive changes like installing a heating system.
the goverment dont control me, neither shall they refuse heating to my feathered babies

Mickey678

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Bilal
John's in Canada - the manufacturers and models available in Canda may be different to what's available in the UK.
any chance you could send a link pls

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
What do people in your area use to heat their garages? I’m guessing some kind of overhead furnace/heater.

Electric heat is the most expensive. Oil or propane is right up there too. Around here we use natural gas.

Mickey678

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Bilal
What do people in your area use to heat their garages? I’m guessing some kind of overhead furnace/heater.

Electric heat is the most expensive. Oil or propane is right up there too. Around here we use natural gas.
my house is heated by gas