• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Best Harnesses?

Hailey S

Meeting neighbors
Best harnesses for Mr Jolly (Triton cockatoo)?? I tried the Aviator on him. Absolutely *hated* it. He was so good and well behaved getting it on, but the neck piece was far too tight and started choking him I had to cut it off immediately. Ugh very distressing for both parties. I don't believe the neck needs to be as tight as it was and it was even rated for his size and weight.
I'd prefer a vest or velcro fitting if there are any. Shipping to US would be nice if it's out of country.

Hailey S

Meeting neighbors
Update: I'm quite savvy with building things (sewing etc) and have a good understanding with how birds are built, so truth be told I may just take him to Joanne's and find some nice padded material and heavy duty velcro or clips. These harnesses are built for birds, but without birds in mind. I'd prefer much more padding to the breast bone so if, Lord forbid, anything spooks him, he won't be harmed if he jumps. Also neck room so he doesn't feel like he's being choked and I can do a quick release on the neck piece if he panics would be amazing too.

Icey

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
I think it was Etsy that @Mizzely told me about.
I am so brain dead lately...hopefully ahe will reply.
Anyways, they have the most adorable flight suits and vests.
They are in the US I believe.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]