• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Best Foraging toys Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tracie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tracie
Thank you. I won't get him one then. He has broken two foraging wheels, by pulling the front clear off and breaking the plastic, so no buffet kabob for him...lol

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
I'm so happy with that Buffet Ball Kabob toy that I purchased for Emma last week. :dance4::dance4::dance4:It's awesome and she is extremely skillful at emptying it too. Instead of trying to remove the whole shelled almond from the toy, she uses her beak to break the shell while inside the toy and then stealthily removes the almond.:omg: Can't believe how great she has become. She's completely captivated by this toy and I love being able to provide a toy that rewards her for her labour.:heart:
For those who don't know about it, here it is.

Paradise Toys Buffet Ball and Kabob

I'd like other GREAT foraging toys and ideas please!:dance4:
I don't have any foraging toys really, but I just make my own stuff. Autumns favorite is a little box filled with toys and nutriberries. I give it to her every afternoon and after she eats her berries she plays with her toys. Every morning I have to pick up all her toys from the bottom of her cage.

I also take toilet paper rolls and fill them with that shreddy paper and put treats inside there.

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
The buffet ball is about the same thickness as the Forage Wheel, so I bet he could. :(
Hey its worth a shot :D I know my scarlet macaw was always very gentle with her foraging toys. My 'toos are too..until there is nothing left in the toy to forage! lol

Kolkri

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angie
Right now I am experimenting with foraging toys. I have a jolly ball in Topaz's cage full of newspaper. She loves newspaper. Been in there two days she has not touched it yet. I did make sure some paper was hanging out so she could see it.

I also have a kabob I plan to pick up some stuff I can put on it this week at the store to try with Joey. Some soft stuff but no so solf it wont stay on the toy.

I need cheep easy ideas. Easy for me and the birds. And easy on Joey's beak just got a trim today.

I have piñatas. First one took a year for Joey to tear up. The second one he never did and now it is in Topaz's cage. Well see what happens. lol

zoomama

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Some real cheap ones are using brown (natural, unbleached) coffee filters or tiny cups (like medicine cups) and hiding things in there (treats, little toys, etc.). You can even put them in food dishes and let them tear into them. Getting some of those hanging coconut halves is another place you can hide those, or even stuff them between cage bars. Foraging does not have to be expensive!!

hawkygal

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Just a thought but if she likes the kabob version try taking it off the kabob and giving it too her to roll around and forage with, presto new foraging toy :)

regarding the person who asked what to put in it- i put one branch of kale in ours and let it hang thru the holes a little (just jam it into the ball). It makes a fun veggie time :)

We use alot of the creative foraging systems boxes those seem to be good and most of the same toys everyone already listed.

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
My birds love there foraging wheel :) It keeps them plenty busy, and I put nutriberries and other similar over-sized things so they have to really work to get the treats out.

Status
Not open for further replies.