• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Best food for wild birds

peachypjm

Strolling the yard
Hi !! making this post so I could get some info on what feed mixes you all like and use for wild birds outside !!! My family wants to set up more bird feeders and stuff, but we can't find any good wild bird feed mixes! Also, does anyone know what to do about squirrels getting into the bird food? Thank you in advance ! :)

Gigibirds

Rollerblading along the road
I have a wild bird seed shop kind of near my house.....the owner of the place if very friendly and knowledgeable, and he recommends a particular type of birdseed/birdfood depending on what bird(s) you want to attract! Try looking around to see if you have one nearby, and hopefully they can help you! I had no idea that there was this shop until I took my dog to the vet, and it was right there!! Sorry I don't have a great answer for you though - I just use the thing that he recommended!

peachypjm

Strolling the yard
I have a wild bird seed shop kind of near my house.....the owner of the place if very friendly and knowledgeable, and he recommends a particular type of birdseed/birdfood depending on what bird(s) you want to attract! Try looking around to see if you have one nearby, and hopefully they can help you! I had no idea that there was this shop until I took my dog to the vet, and it was right there!! Sorry I don't have a great answer for you though - I just use the thing that he recommended!
thank you so much !!!