• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Benny Boy

GingerDee

Strolling the yard
♀ I might be getting excited early...but I think I got my sweet Benny Boy back.

Over the last few days I changed up the cage, opened it right up, took away seed, moved the cage...and MAYBE Ben is ok not making babies? All internet ideas but Ben is MUCH friendlier at the least.

I've 20200404_073917.jpg not dealt with breeding birds before but COMPLETELY understand why the internet said you either have breeder birds or pet birds.

Birds make me feel like an animal failure. I can't grow/learn quick enough for them yet. One day. But for now at least...I have a sweet Ben who is 100% ok with me being by his cage. AND no babies.✊ I am sooo not ready to be a bird mom.

Yoshi&Raphi

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Raphi
♀ I might be getting excited early...but I think I got my sweet Benny Boy back.

Over the last few days I changed up the cage, opened it right up, took away seed, moved the cage...and MAYBE Ben is ok not making babies? All internet ideas but Ben is MUCH friendlier at the least.

I've View attachment 332950 not dealt with breeding birds before but COMPLETELY understand why the internet said you either have breeder birds or pet birds.

Birds make me feel like an animal failure. I can't grow/learn quick enough for them yet. One day. But for now at least...I have a sweet Ben who is 100% ok with me being by his cage. AND no babies.✊ I am sooo not ready to be a bird mom.
I think your going well! And like Express said your trying, they have a big cage toys and a variety of perches by the looks of it which is more than the majority of birds get. :heart:

GingerDee

Strolling the yard
If anyone is following..Kate had an egg in the bottom of the cage. So after people giving their opinions I put up the breeder box..and egg was cracked so chucked it...and she had another.‍♀ so now...I shake the egg....I'm trying to not traumatize her because I believe this is her first clutch.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
so now...I shake the egg....
Boiling is a little more reliable, just 2 mins in boiling water on the stove will do.

If she is trying to brood the eggs, you can offer her some nesting material to make herself a comfy spot :)

GingerDee

Strolling the yard
Boiling is a little more reliable, just 2 mins in boiling water on the stove will do.

If she is trying to brood the eggs, you can offer her some nesting material to make herself a comfy spot :)
I don't even know what brood means.‍♀ lol it's too late for dummy eggs...or positively not in the budget.

First eggs was laid on the cage grate. They watched it but didnt go to it, so I moved the egg into a wooden gift box I had. Then they seemed to obsess over it..and I was told if their nest wasn't high up they could be stressed and hurt eachother...so I put up a breeder box and moved the 1st egg there.

Maybe I cracked it..or they did..but it was thrown out. She immediately laid another in the box yesterday. And I haven't see them since.

I peaked in the box and MAYBE they are sitting on it...or they discarded it...
They want the breed...but I had a few days when they were the old birds...and that's who I want back...but I'm emotional, and don't want to cause problems.

Attachments

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I don't even know what brood means.‍
Sit on :)

You can boil the egg (allow to cool) and put it in their nest box to sit on. Just make a note of the date the eggs are laid so you be sure they abandon the nest.

GingerDee

Strolling the yard
Sit on :)

You can boil the egg (allow to cool) and put it in their nest box to sit on. Just make a note of the date the eggs are laid so you be sure they abandon the nest.
Can you see my new post. Lol