• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bella

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
If that vet can't help, I think mine can. Let me know. I think you definitely need another bird but it's just a question of when. Don't feel pressured or rushed. You will know when you're ready. And if you don't want a baby, Pearl Rescue gets tiels all the time in need of homes. Again, I'm so sorry. I was looking forward to someday meeting Bella too. :sorrow:
Thank you Michelle but they loved Bella just as much as I did and wanted take care of her. They didn't even charge me for this. This house seems so quiet now. And lonely. I did spend an hour playing with baby tiels while I was there. They just put the container with the baby tiels, lovies, and budgies on a table and sat me down and said play. They did not come back. They just wanted me to be with the babies. Rachel could see how badly I was hurting. It was so nice to have babies crawl all over me. It was surreal. There was one little tiel that wouldn't leave the side of the container where I was sitting and he (which is what they are thinking) was the one who let me pet him. Then I get home to find out that one of my cousins has passed away and because of the virus, there won't be a funeral service. I am dreading cleaning Bella's cage. I am crying while I am typing this. It is harder for me because I was supposed to be driving with Bella to my Mom's house in NY today and I can't go because of the coronavirus and so now I am home by myself and I am so lost. And I keep thinking about that little bird. Do you think that it is too soon? I also have never had a mail tiel before. I am getting my eyes examined tomorrow and the place is by the Enclosure. I am thinking of getting this bird. No bird can replace Bella but I miss having a bird around so much that my heart aches. What do you think?
IMG_7707.jpeg

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Theresa, get that baby and bring it home. Of course, it won't be Bella, but it will bring you something to love and to love you. Besides it will give you something to take care of and take a lot of your attention.

My Jasper kept me going when Hank died.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Go for it.

Seriously.

I know the pain. Hubby is wanting me to get a young Amazon. I miss MC's chatter Without Secret, I would have been destroyed.

I just don't know if my heart can take it again.

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
If you feel you should get the baby, then get the baby.

I put a deposit on Jade a week after Chirp passed. I felt guilty for a little while but preparing for Jade helped my grieving process, and now that Jade is home with me, I know it was the right decision.

Whatever you want to do, we will be right here with you. :hug8:

Greylady1966

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Carol
I truly believe when someone passes on that loved us and we loved them they would want us to pass the love and caring on. It doesn't replace them it carries their love on.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
I've learned that it's better not to ignore it when you feel your heartstrings being tugged.

No one will ever be Bella. She was a one of a kind, and very special girl. But being able to pour your love on to this little one can ease the pain. There is no time frame. When you decide, and whatever you decide to do, we are here for you.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I think getting the baby bird will be good for you. No bird can replace Bella, but caring him will help you heal. He needs your love, and you have plenty to give, so it seems like a good thing to do. He’s quite the cutie too!

scrape

Celebirdy of the Month
:sorrow: I am sorry for your loss.:sadhug2:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Thank you Michelle but they loved Bella just as much as I did and wanted take care of her. They didn't even charge me for this. This house seems so quiet now. And lonely. I did spend an hour playing with baby tiels while I was there. They just put the container with the baby tiels, lovies, and budgies on a table and sat me down and said play. They did not come back. They just wanted me to be with the babies. Rachel could see how badly I was hurting. It was so nice to have babies crawl all over me. It was surreal. There was one little tiel that wouldn't leave the side of the container where I was sitting and he (which is what they are thinking) was the one who let me pet him. Then I get home to find out that one of my cousins has passed away and because of the virus, there won't be a funeral service. I am dreading cleaning Bella's cage. I am crying while I am typing this. It is harder for me because I was supposed to be driving with Bella to my Mom's house in NY today and I can't go because of the coronavirus and so now I am home by myself and I am so lost. And I keep thinking about that little bird. Do you think that it is too soon? I also have never had a mail tiel before. I am getting my eyes examined tomorrow and the place is by the Enclosure. I am thinking of getting this bird. No bird can replace Bella but I miss having a bird around so much that my heart aches. What do you think?
View attachment 339255

I think you should go and get that baby. :) I so understand the pain of losing your heart bird. I'm actually tearing up as I write this thinking about what you're going through and what it was like to lose Sunny. There's no set time period for when it's right to get another bird. If this little guy has picked you, which it sounds like he has, then the decision is made for you. :)

I've never had a female tiel to compare, but males are sweet too. Sunny would look at me with total adoration and had to be touching me at all times. My two boys now are more hands off but I think that's more because for most of their lives they weren't really handled. And of course, any bird would be lucky to have you as a mom. :)

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Get that baby!!
It is never too soon to shower another soul with the love you would have showered Bella with, she would want you to keep sharing your love that helped to make her who she was. No birdie will ever replace Bella but some birdie can be as lucky to have you as Bella was!

CeciliaZ

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
I agree - get that baby! I wanted to mention in my other post that " you should give yourself time to grieve - but don't deny yourself the companionship of another bird." I deleted those words in my other post, thinking maybe it was something too soon for you to think about. No bird will replace Bella...if you feel you are ready - it is not too soon.

I have 4 male tiels and 2 females - yes the males are different - they can be very sweet also. Go get him.

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I’m so sorry to hear that sweet, funny Bella is gone. I’m sorry for your loss. :sad2:

Ankou

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra
No companion can ever replace another but grief is different for everyone. Some people need the time to go through it on their own, others want the help of a new friend to mend their broken hearts.

Peanut passed away 5 months ago and it left me in a strange place where my heart is so broken I often feel like I have nothing left for new bird yet but I break down ugly sobbing every time I see pictures of baby lovebirds because of the void she left behind.
I think if it were easier to get lovebirds in Alaska, aside from a pet store, I would have done so already. (Zero judgment of people who do get pet store birds, they need loving homes just as badly, but it isn't for me.)

If you feel like your heart is telling you it is time, go for it!
Or I guess a question, do you think you would regret it if you didn't? If yes, there is your answer.

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly
I’m so sorry for your loss of Bella :sorrow:

If your heart is saying get the boy, you should absolutely get him!

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
This morning at 6am, Bella had a stroke and died in my arms. I am so heartbroken. I just wanted all of you to know.
Ohhh geez noooo! I'm so sorry to hear that.
It's so dang hard, I know. I do know.
The memories will always be there till you meet again.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Or I guess a question, do you think you would regret it if you didn't? If yes, there is your answer.
...simply, and beautifully, put... :heart:

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
No companion can ever replace another but grief is different for everyone. Some people need the time to go through it on their own, others want the help of a new friend to mend their broken hearts.

Peanut passed away 5 months ago and it left me in a strange place where my heart is so broken I often feel like I have nothing left for new bird yet but I break down ugly sobbing every time I see pictures of baby lovebirds because of the void she left behind.
I think if it were easier to get lovebirds in Alaska, aside from a pet store, I would have done so already. (Zero judgment of people who do get pet store birds, they need loving homes just as badly, but it isn't for me.)

Beautifully said....you know when poppers passed in december, I was in no mood for another bird. Thought there is none that will be like her.
Then a month later, by way of fate, Pierre came into the picture. Another Amazon.
He could never replace poppers, but you know what? He sure is trying. And has filled parts of my heart that fell out after poppers passed.
Birds will try their darnest to help you heal.