• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bella acting strange

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgreenaway

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Claire
Bella just came out of isolation since she is new and she is now right beside my other pair of lovies but she keeps calling to them and they call to her and she does this body weaving thing all the time and I have never seen this before and don't know what it means. Sometimes its side to side or up and down. I managed to capture a little of it on video. I was told she is a female and about 2 years old but haven't had her DNA tested yet. Skye is female and Jade is believed to be male (due to lots of mating between the two). If anyone has any ideas about what this behavior is please let me know. :) Thanks.

Bella acting funny - YouTube

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
it looks like she is excited to me and wants to be closer to them

Featherpaws

Jogging around the block
mine do this to eachother frequently, she wants to be near them! i cant let mine do that though no sharing cage for them :p but it is what they do when they want to go somewhere when they are in their cage

Marc

Real Name
Marco
I agree with Casey,
they do that when they are very excited because they want to go in somewhere;
This behaviour is enough normal; however if she continues to do it for long time(without that she has the possibility to satisfy her desire), then she can have some mind frustrations;

Last edited:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I agree with everyone else :)

cgreenaway

Real Name
Claire
That was our thought but wasn't sure since none of my birds have ever done that before. I guess I'll let her out and see if that's what she does. Lol. Hopefully she gets accepted by the others. Lol. Thanks everyone. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.