• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bee's Aquarium Thread

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
I figured I'd start a thread for my aquarium stuff, as I start adding more stock to my tank!

I have a 40g breeder freshwater tank, which has been up and running since 2016 with various fish over the years.

I currently have only 1 fish in my 40: my bn pleco, Loomis. I want to start restocking, I'm just not sure with what yet.

So today I went to the local fish store, and got 6 platys. I've had them in the past, and I remember them being easy to keep and fun to watch. I've had several generations successfully breed in my tanks, and I hope I'll have that same success in the future. Not for profit, just as a hobby thing.

So the platys are in a 10g quarantine tank, they'll be there for about 2 weeks before I move them to the 40g. After that, I may add more platys of different colors, or maybe other fish? I'm gonna see how it goes :)

Here's the quarantine tank :)

20220713_180027.jpg

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
First night went well, all 6 are alive and eating pellets. Hopefully things will remain this way til quarantine is up!