• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Been on vacation, came back to a fat budgie...

Gribouille

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
@Gribouille ...well hello, I have been wondering where you were. I really wouldn't worry about their wieght. Unless there was true bullying going on then budgies for the most part will sort out the feeding schedules. We tend to obsess over nothing. No hen will knowingly let her male starve any more than a male will let a female stuff herself...
Hey Lori :) I don't worry Merlin would starve, he lets her get her will as long as she keeps reasonable but sets her to her place when she gets too bossy ;) The worry is that she would get overweight, seen that Tikki died of that..

Gribouille

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Today's good news: after one week without seeds and extra flying, Nova is now 43g, Merlin 41! :) They are also a little more active on their own too, which is good! Nova still feels a little fat over the keel bone but at that weight I'd say she is just fine. I'll gradually reintroduce a few dry seeds as foraging treats but at least I won't worry that she is getting overweight :bliss: