• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Been MIA for a while!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lauren

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lauren
I know I signed up then disappeared haha.

Just thought I'd give all your crazy bird people an update on my flock!

Let's start off with the little lovie I found, now named Zoey. She went to her new home almost 2 weeks ago. Her owners are camping so I haven't had an update on her yet.

Skittles and Marley are doing OK! Both crazy as usual. Marley can fly now, so both my boyfriend and I are on watch as to when the door opens where Marley is.

Loto, the stupid BFA that I hate with every fiber of my body, is hopefully going elsewhere other than my household. She is a great bird, but has ZERO respect for the hand/person that feeds her. NONE. I've luckily, avoided her beak, but all 3 of the lovebirds have unfortunately felt her wrath... and I know it's partially my fault - however, all 3 occasions have happened with me 2 feet from the cages.

Zoey was bitten the 2nd day of finding her and the soft portion between her upper and lower mandibles (?) was split open. That didn't hinder her ability to eat, drink, fly or be obnoxiously loud.

Skittles had her right nare ripped open because Loto freaked out and landed on her cage and bit Skittles.

Marley was just bitten about 20 minutes ago and his upper left portion of skin above his beak is split open to the point where I may have to take him to the vets tonight if he starts acting lethargic (it's not bleeding at all, he's eating, flying, drinking, grooming Skittles).

I have them both in their cereal box by my computer (horrible I Know hahaha) and I'm just keeping an eye on Mar..

Other than the evil Amazon that is now residing in her carry cage... I love my bubs and life is great!

What's new with everyone else?!

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Welcome back,Im so sorry about your Lovies. I hope they heal quickly :hug8:

merlinsmom13

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Becky
I thought you loved Loto. I'm sorry she's been so mean to your little birds. I hope they get better soon.:)

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Why is the zon in a carry cage? Are you sending her to a new home now? I would hate to think she has to stay in there for a long time.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome back!

Matt

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Loto, the stupid BFA that I hate with every fiber of my body, is hopefully going elsewhere other than my household.
I hope so too.I don't see how you can say "partially" your fault? Poor birds.:(

Last edited:

Lauren

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lauren
She wont be in her carry cage permanently.. She's in there when the little ones are out now, or she hangs out on top of the cage (has perches on top) and I bring it into the living room... Her owner's ex girlfriend will be getting her sometime this weekend.

I think I typed out of frustration.. I don't HATE her... just... frustrated I suppose, with her.

The reason why I say, partially my fault is that I KNOW Marley can fly and I turned my back for a few seconds to get their cage lining newspaper, and I should've known NOT to let them out together (Loto is perch trained).

Marley is doing OK still. The piece of his face that was bitten seems to have closed up a bit and I can't *ahem* pull it apart... no change in his behaviour. If he changes at all through the night (he's camping in his carry cage on my dresser) then I'm headed to the emergency clinic.

Status
Not open for further replies.