• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Been a while so here's a bunch of Nike pics.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Looks like somebirdy loves his daddy!

Birdie Mama

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
the second and third pic of her wet and the very last one with the screen, would make gorgeous counted cross stitch projects!! I have a pc program that allows me to take a photo and scan it and it converts it into a needlepoint pattern to be stitched. ( I haven’t used it for a while so not sure if it still would work with windows 10 so will have to try it one day).

The photo with all the water drops in it, I would stitch in little clear beads in the middle of those stitches, would catch the light and make them sparkle like water catching the sun..

absolutely stunning photos!! :heart: :heart: :heart::heart:

Nikomania

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Such super cute pics! I especially love the one where he's touching your check and you have such a warm, loving smile on your face!

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
Stunning bird!

bill-e

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bill Esposito
Just some random pics. This one is in anticipation of summer when she can spend the day on her Mango Pet Products portable perch and enjoy the sun and fresh air. We are still 3 months from that time unfortunately.

nike-mango-traveler.JPG

One of her favorite spots in the winter months....see next pic.

nike_lamp3-January 06, 2018-29.jpg

I got tired of Nike sitting on this particular lampshade and pooping down the side so I made a perch for her. Got the plastic platter on Amazon. Inserted the lamp shade nut into the bottom of the perch so it just screws on/off.

lampperch3.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Just some random pics. This one is in anticipation of summer when she can spend the day on her Mango Pet Products portable perch and enjoy the sun and fresh air. We are still 3 months from that time unfortunately.

One of her favorite spots in the winter months....see next pic.

I got tired of Nike sitting on this particular lampshade and pooping down the side so I made a perch for her. Got the plastic platter on Amazon. Inserted the lamp shade nut into the bottom of the perch so it just screws on/off.

Why is it always the water bowl they try to bathe in? Never fails, does it?

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
What a beauty. How is the personality?

bill-e

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bill Esposito
What a beauty. How is the personality?
Thank you. She is an absolute sweetie with my wife and I. Cuddly at night, likes to get scratches. Totally a Velcro bird. Doesn't bite though will pinch by accident. Is normally out of her cage from 10am till 8pm but can be left in her cage for days when we're busy with no ill effects or excessive calling. She is absolutely a great bird and fun to have around.

I don't find her change moods instantly or to be the least bit unpredictable. Her body language is quite obvious and always precedes any actions. Even when I do something to her that elicits a response she does not respond with intent to hurt, only warn....at least that's how she reacts with us. She hardly ever sees strangers so she's not very social with them.

Her beak is quite pointy so when I bring her in for her spring clip (as a precaution since we take her camping all summer with is) I have the doc just touch the tip of her beak with the dremmel to flatten it and then even the accidental pinches are abated.

Look at the third video in this post, her on my shoulder and playing. Many folks would be worried about her raised crest, but with Nike that's just her excitement (unless it is preceded by a hiss). Her "hair" goes up and down constantly during her normal interaction with us.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I can see the love between you both. Amazing bond.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Nike is beautiful.