• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

BeeBee Canary Bad Foot

Steezy0108

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Steve Cool
Today i recently noticed my parrot has been limping never seen it before happened and the toenail has a dark spot inside it never looked like that before. Should I be worried C123D041-FBAC-47F3-840E-BC39670CD7A4.jpeg C123D041-FBAC-47F3-840E-BC39670CD7A4.jpeg

Attachments

painesgrey

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rachel
Limping indicates pain, which should be addressed by a vet. Getting the bird some pain relief from the vet is necessary, at least.

Steezy0108

Real Name
Steve Cool
Limping indicates pain, which should be addressed by a vet. Getting the bird some pain relief from the vet is necessary, at least.
How much would that cost

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I agree.

I wonder if your bird got this toe trapped in something. Hopefully the vet will be able to give you an idea of cause.

Steezy0108

Real Name
Steve Cool
I agree.

I wonder if your bird got this toe trapped in something. Hopefully the vet will be able to give you an idea of cause.
It looks like it or maybe it fell to the ground sometimes when it gets scared of something is flys off my shoulder , I do see bleeding on one of the finger nail

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
How much would that cost
In my area, for that sort of thing I've paid anywhere from $60 up to $200 depending on the problem, the number of tests, and what meds they give. That doesn't look horrible, so it shouldn't be that much. Have you looked at the bottom of the foot to see if there's anything going on there?