• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bedtime

JazzyJay

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jas
Hi guys

so I travel with my IRN. Few days every other week at my BFs house.(she loves the drive and his house lol) I usually toll her cage to his room around 8 for bed. We are quiet coming in around 11-12 for bed. And super quiet leaving the room in the morning. She usually calls for me when she’s ready to come out (I love her morning sounds) BUUUT I was wondering, is it ok to put her in the bathroom with a LIGHT sheet over her? I’m testing that out this way him and I don’t always have to be so quiet. And I get protective over her so I get easily angry if he acts like she isn’t sleeping lol …. Does anyone else let put their bird cage in the bathroom for bed? Does she breathes good enough?

also is it bad to give her some relaxing meds sometimes? They are fully natural, but man!!! She is there most active, talkative bird ever! Lol I love her but sometimes I need an hour….i won’t u less people can convince Me it’s ok….
Please don’t judge, I love her….. sometimes I wish my sister would shutty toooo! Lol

tha is for the help and advice!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Relaxing meds?

Yuki Shiro

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Stefan
My parrot's cookbook claims you can give relaxing chamomile tea. Warm or cold of course, pure, organic.
I'm not an experienced bird owner, but I'd never give meds just to solve issues;
And I don't want to judge, but there must be another way.

A sheet, hmm. Maybe you try out a low bathroom light that works for you?