• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bedtime

Sodapop&Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
OH my gosh I am officially OBSESSED with your birds!!!! I would like to request a picture (videos are fine too!!!) thread just for updates on these two! Daily, hourly, "minutely".... as many as you like or possibly can. :p

Lexusblond

Sprinting down the street
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nickie King
Madeleine as an instagram account
Madeleinepinkking
If you want to see the early months. I will start updating Madeleine's news every day just for you... :dance2: :heart2: :dance2: :gal2: our first official fan :gal2::kiss2:

Lexusblond

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nickie King
Just wanted to say...:woot2: Madeleine and Gerry Berry are going to bed:sleeping5: no trouble at all. I did the following incase someone reading this is having trouble too...:heart2:
1. I worked (with help from you guys) what and why bedtime was an issue
2. Food and bribery works a treat
3. Once our routine was started I stuck to my guns...:auntiegg:

So Gerry berry needs to go to his room before dusk and his room needs to have fresh flower/things to chew and food then he is more then happy to pop in his room, I even get kisses before I put his curtains :heart2::gal2::heart2:

Attachments

Lexusblond

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nickie King
:wow::leslieatwork:
:CRMH:Madeleine and Gerry Berry are sleeping with access to each other and in the same space...BIGGEST step for Madeleine and sharing her space... so proud of her she has come a long way :approved: :loveshower: :loveshower: :loveshower:

Lexusblond

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nickie King
I thought I would update the journey of bedtime for the Madberry...
  It has only taken a year give or take but finally finally....we are going to bed without fuss! in the end it came down to patience after much trial and error, letting them go to bed within reason on their terms. I took away all outside food and gave them all the yummy stuff in their room and waited....

:fantasy:

Lexusblond

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nickie King
Just a foot note, patience has been the biggest part of getting the Madberry into bed! Just letting them sleep on the room, not pushing and being very gentle. Then waiting until the came willing to me and BAM they are in bed not stressed but happy.... so if your reading this because your little munchkin won't go to bed...patience is key.