• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Becoming friends with my bird

bbnbb

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Colin wilkinson
I have had my lovebird for around 7 years he was my brothers bird for a year or two and I had another lovebird in a separate cage. After a year or two I took care of both birds and they were in the same room. Sadly one of the original two birds died after she got out of her cage and (we believe) she gnawed on a painting getting poisoned by the paint. She died days later. My male lovebird lived alone for a while until we got a new female lovebird who was very shy and scared easily. We believe that this is due to us getting her from a bird website that shipped the birds to you. The older bird would be violent towards her often this contributing to her already shy nature. We believe my older bird acted this way because they were different colors. The new bird would die a few years later as a result (we believe) of the aggression of my older bird. The older bird has lived alone for a few years now. The older bird is male and has always been incredibly aggressive and territorial. I have tried to make him less aggressive a few times over the years unsuccessfully. This is all my fault. I never properly trained any of the birds. I got the birds when I was young and did not know how to properly train them. I just want to be friends with my old bird and don't know the steps I should take.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I would try reading out loud while ignoring your bird & leaving millet out.