• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Beautiful eclectus

Hbrooks90

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Heidi
Went to visit the lady I bought my cockatiel from and help get my husband used to bigger parrots since he's never been around or held one before and i almost went into debt with this absolute beauty <3 hopefully soon ill be bringing her or him (green one) home :D

Attachments

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Gorgeous! Ekkies are my "dream bird". :heart:

Hbrooks90

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Heidi
Mine too now lol, I wasn't too familiar with them before but now I'm saving up the money to get one of them :heart: They're so sweet, I feel bad because so many people avoid them since they allegedly "don't look friendly" according to some people :(

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Mine too now lol, I wasn't too familiar with them before but now I'm saving up the money to get one of them :heart: They're so sweet, I feel bad because so many people avoid them since they allegedly "don't look friendly" according to some people :(
The female has such a sweet face! Not friendly, blech haha I know they require a more specialized diet than other parrots, lots of fresh fruit I think?

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
I saw a video of them free flying and that's when they entranced me. I'll try to find that video.

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Here it is. It's completely terrifying but incredible all at the same time!

Hbrooks90

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Heidi
The female has such a sweet face! Not friendly, blech haha I know they require a more specialized diet than other parrots, lots of fresh fruit I think?
Thats what the woman said, with every feeding to throw in a few pieces of dried or fresh fruit depending on what kind it is

Hbrooks90

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Heidi
Here it is. It's completely terrifying but incredible all at the same time!
That is incredible! I'd be a nervous wreck the whole time, i can tell they're trained but id still be scared a hawk or eagle would get them :wideyed:

Hbrooks90

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Heidi
That is incredible! I'd be a nervous wreck the whole time, i can tell they're trained but id still be scared a hawk or eagle would get them :wideyed:
Amazing video though, thanks for sharing :)

Monaco

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
Thats what the woman said, with every feeding to throw in a few pieces of dried or fresh fruit depending on what kind it is
Please research this carefully! I'm heading to bed, but there's quite a lot of diet information in the eclectus alley of the forum... And,

:welcometrain:

Hbrooks90

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Heidi
Thank you and I'll definitely do my homework on them since unfortunately it'll probably be a good while before I can afford one :(