• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Beau is eating healthy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
It really didn't take Beau long to take to a healthy diet. I'm not sure if he got fresh food before or not, but the seed he was on was Encore. Not the healthiest. He is now eating mostly fresh and is loving it. He likes greens more than any of my fids actually. :rofl: I'm so happy he's taken to it. He actually eats quite a lot! I give them 2 tbls in the AM and when I just went in to check on them. It was completely gone! :omg: Harper is a thrower, mind you, so much of it's probably on the bottom of the cage, but still. :highfive:
I gave them one more tablespoon and sprinkled some Dr.Harvey's seed on top.

Tamara

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tamara R Money
I'm so glad he's taken to a healthy diet!!! So Congrats on converting him!!! :dancing::hug8::dance4:

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:)Yay for Beau. Perhaps he will serve as a role model for Harper?

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
Harper eats fresh too, just doesn't like greens as much. She eats them, but all my birds pick out everything except the greens. I food process the veggies so you'd think they'd be too small to pick, but nearly every night, greens are the only thing left in the bowl! All the fids get 75-85% fresh. It all depends on what I have available and how busy/lazy I am. :p I usually give them 5-8 kinds of veggies (including leafy greens) and 1-2 kinds of fruit (usually berries) each day, chopped in the food processor. If I forgot to mix it up the night before and I'm rushing to get to work I use an organic frozen mix, organic frozen squash, organic frozen mango, and tear up some greens to mix in. :rofl: On a normal day, it's all fresh organic.
The reason I'm so excited about Beau is that I did have some trouble with my other budgies not wanting to eat fresh. I eventually got them to though.
Here's all three of my old budgies eating veggies. I love Maggio's "yuck" face. This was taken shortly before the deaths of Maggio and Sunshine.

And Miracle enjoying some sprouts (soaked seeds, they aren't really "sprouted" yet) near the end of her life.

Last edited:

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
congratulations on Beau eating a healthy diet your birds are cute thanks for sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.