• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Beatles

tziporiah

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
I have some larder beetles in the house and was wondering what the safest way was to get rid of them
Thanks
Sandra

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Biggest thing is just vacuuming often, than finding and removing food sources or moisture. Seal up any items you can in plastic bins or similar as they will chew through packaging

NEVRM0RE_

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kaila
Agreed w vacuuming. I have 100 (3) children, and larder beetles are my frequent enemy due to the....crumbs my children produce. Vacuuming constantly, and cleaning the pantry and cereal cupboards regularly - using jars/sealable containers rather than the store packages/boxes for things. Everytime I think I have them beat, I find a half eaten granola bar or pizza crust under a bed that proves me wrong. Thats all I got. Its not perfect, but I THINK IT MIGHT BE if snacks didnt appear under beds and couch cushions ‍♀ one of my kids is celiac, and I tried using a clip on a bag of EXPENSIVE gluten free flour - I had a complete meltdown when I scooped a cup of flour from the bag and found a dried up larder beetle. Had to throw the whole bag out!