• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Beak Length

honeykat13

Meeting neighbors
For some reason I'm paranoid about my tiel's beak getting too long, so I try to keep an eye on it. When does it get too long and I should start getting concerned? This is his beak now. Does it look okay? Thanks!
MVIMG_20200702_172052.jpg
MVIMG_20200702_171341.jpg

Avio77

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Minh Tran
Needs a beak trim

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
It's not that bad. Does it have a cuttlefish bone to hone his beak on? Does it chew on any wood toys? I agree that a beak trim may be needed but better to find a way for your Tiel to do it for itself - a lot less stressful than a vet visit.

honeykat13

Meeting neighbors
It's not that bad. Does it have a cuttlefish bone to hone his beak on? Does it chew on any wood toys? I agree that a beak trim may be needed but better to find a way for your Tiel to do it for itself - a lot less stressful than a vet visit.
He does have a cuttle bone that he chews on frequently. However, he only has a couple of wood toys which are more for the rope than the wood, so he chews more on the rope. So I can get him a couple more wood toys. Thank you!

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
He does have a cuttle bone that he chews on frequently. However, he only has a couple of wood toys which are more for the rope than the wood, so he chews more on the rope. So I can get him a couple more wood toys. Thank you!
Position the cuttlefish bone so it's hard side up (test with your fingernail). You've taken a photo now, take another in a couple of weeks to compare ;)