• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Beak issue

MC_Hahn's

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Marie C.
Just told him goodnight for the last time. I always tell him when I put him to bed, and right before I go to bed. And this will be the last time
I'm so sorry for you, but if you ask Chirp if you should be sad, I'm sure, judging by what I've read so far about him, that your little trooper would tell you to not cry, because he is happy. I hope that when he passes into his new life that it will be a swift and painless transition and that he will meet all of the other brave birds, animals, and people who have battled illnesses and that they will welcome him with open arms (and wings).

What Illness Cannot Do:
Illness is so limited...
It cannot cripple love
It cannot shatter hope
It cannot corrode faith
It cannot destroy peace
It cannot kill friendship
It cannot suppress memories
It cannot silence courage
It cannot invade the soul
It cannot steal eternal life
It cannot conquer the spirit

Illness is not a death sentence, but rather it is a life sentence; it pushes one to live. And Chirp sure did live a life to remember, one that touched everyone. He did not simply pull our heartstrings, he showed us that no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Do not think it is your fault. It only would have been your fault had you not chosen him from the start to be your friend, and had he not chosen you to be his guardian.

To say that you have loved him all of your life would be a lie, unless you consider that your life did not truly begin until you met him.

The real heroes are not the one who wear capes, but are instead the ones who wake up knowing that their days with another are limited, but still get up despite that, and who rise to the morning sun to face another day.

Theodore Roosevelt once said, "Courage is not having the strength to go on; It is going on when you don't have the strength."

You are a living testament to the strength of love and the spirits within us. Chirp is, and forever will be, a role model for us all, to not count the days, but to make the days count. You and Chirp taught us all what it means to be human.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Thinking of you. Wish I could be there to hold your hand.

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Bee, all of us are with you on this hardest of journeys. As you go through today, imagine all of us with our arms around you and surrounding you and Chirp with our love.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
I think he is letting you know that it is time to say goodbye.
I thought that but I've not been around birds enough to know the signs.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Let him stay out and enjoy his basket swing ;)

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Thinking of you both. :grouphug:

Nikomania

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Following your journey has brought back to the surface all the thoughts, gut wrenching emotions and loving preparations I'd made for my dog's recent passing come bubbling back up. I was eternally grateful for the loving guidance provided by my dog's vet and for the incredible support of my family.

In our heart of hearts we know that we are making the best decision possible, but it doesn't make it any easier. Know that we walk with you and that we are here for you always.