• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Beak issue

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Very encouraging news indeed! Bea, TY for keeping us updated!!!

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Great news! :starshower1: How has he taken to the Harrison's Birdie bread?

Hope he loved it!:eating:
He seems to like it okay! I put lots of yummy stuff in there, like pumpkin and walnuts and cinnamon. I packed just about everything I have for him in there lol! It smelled so good when it was cooking, and Roxie got a little bit too! If I let her, she would have eaten all of it lol! Chirp gets 1 square a day, in addition to his regular veggie mash.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Go little one go. YAY

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Today marks 3 weeks on the antifungal! Just one more week left!

The inside of his beak looks like it's getting better, and might even be getting smaller, although I'm not a vet so I don't know for sure. I'm very hopeful about our upcoming vet visit!

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Today marks 3 weeks on the antifungal! Just one more week left!

The inside of his beak looks like it's getting better, and might even be getting smaller, although I'm not a vet so I don't know for sure. I'm very hopeful about our upcoming vet visit!
You can beat it bee, keep it up and it'll all be fine!

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
So today we saw the vet, she says the inside of his beak looks better, but it also looks like it's growing backwards again. Also he now has some bruising around the vet. So she put him back on Clavamox, he seemed to be doing better on it. And she wants us to keep going on the antifungal until our next appointment, on the 6th.

She says, at this point it's hard to judge, so we'll just let Chirp guide us.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
So today we saw the vet, she says the inside of his beak looks better, but it also looks like it's growing backwards again. Also he now has some bruising around the vet. So she put him back on Clavamox, he seemed to be doing better on it. And she wants us to keep going on the antifungal until our next appointment, on the 6th.

She says, at this point it's hard to judge, so we'll just let Chirp guide us.
Bruising around the...what?

Chin up -- "the inside of his beak looks better" -- focus on that.

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Bruising around the...what?

Chin up -- "the inside of his beak looks better" -- focus on that.
Vent- whoops! I don't really know what it means but the vet didn't seem to terrible concerned about it.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Keep the faith on this! It sounds like you have one heck of an awesome Vet. And you are one awesome birdie Momma to him in addition!:hug8:

Once again, he's got the best care, great food to eat and a wonderful spirit and feels the love. And, he is in our thoughts here too! :swoon:

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I agree w/ Finchly & Love my Zons, stay positive! Remember they see everything we feel. If you stay positive, Chirp will too!

As we move forward w/ Chirp getting better, our family will continue to send you both Posutuve vibes & healing thoughts! (((Bea)))

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Today we had a vet visit.

The vet says the inside of Chirp's beak looks a bit better, but the beak itself (upper) looks like it may fall off. Best case scenario is that it falls off, takes the mass with it, and doesn't bleed much. We discussed that if it falls off, we can send it in for a biopsy. We also discussed what to do if/when it does fall off.

We're taking him off the antifungal- it was helping but it's not anymore, and it's probably wearing on his liver. He's keeping on the clavamox and celebrex though.

On an unrelated note I saw a dog running around as I was going to put Chirp in the car, I ran back inside to tell them, I guess they've been seeing him around since last week. They've called the animal control several times but they won't come out and help. So they're trying to gain his trust with treats and food. He's on a very busy road, I hope they get him before he gets hit or runs off into the forest again (he already has once before) or coyotes get him or something.