• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Beak issue

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:sadhug: Give Chirp lotsa love from Buddy & I.

I'm glad your vet is being so supportive. My heart is w/ you my friend.

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Chirp has hardly eaten today, and he has spent a lot of time fluffed up and napping (head underwing). He also hasn't been as active today. That makes me really scared. I'm going to mention it at the vet tomorrow. I know none of those are good signs...

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So sorry to read the recent update. Sending positive thoughts for Chirp.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Tomorrow can't come soon enough. I'm hoping for some good news about Chirp! Keeping you two in my thoughts!

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Great news that he's finally eating! I will hold you both close in thought tomorrow during the day. :hug9:

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
He's more active now, yelling and eating and less sleeping, so that's good. I'm still worried but it's something at least.
Delayed shock? Sounds like it to me.
Glad to hear he's feeling better.

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
We saw the vet today, she says his beak is actually doing a little bit better! She says the reason he's eating less and sleeping more could be a lot of things (the meds, pain, illness, etc) but it's good that he becomes more active in the evening.

We are continuing the Clavamox, once the antifungal gets here we will start that, and she also gave us some Celebrex for when he's having a bad day- she says I can give it daily, but I don't have to.

So we go back in 2 weeks, and she says to call if he starts acting off or anything. When she came back from filing his beak Chirp slipped out of her hand, he flew around the room and landed on his carrier, looked at the vet, and hopped right in! I think he was ready to go home lol.

We are hopeful that he can stay at this point for some time.

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Great news! I hope he continues to get better :heart:

enigma731

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
It depends on how it was compounded. If the bottle doesn't say, then probably not but you can always call to clarify.

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
It depends on how it was compounded. If the bottle doesn't say, then probably not but you can always call to clarify.
They're closed for the night, and they don't open until 8am tomorrow, so, unfortunately, it'll be a while before I can ask them. Hopefully it'll be okay sitting out.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Thanks for the update about Chirp! :) So cute how he decided to go back into the carrier on his own! :lol:Yup, definitely sounds like he was done with the vet! lol

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
If you have a cooler room, keep the celebrex in that room until you can get ahold of the vet tomorrow.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
We always need to check with the vet, I guess. My Celebrex needs refrigeration. That could be as much for taste as for longevity. Her Furosomide has warnings, not to refrigerate. With six hard core medications and four important supplements, it's confusing.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
We always need to check with the vet, I guess. My Celebrex needs refrigeration. That could be as much for taste as for longevity. Her Furosomide has warnings, not to refrigerate. With six hard core medications and four important supplements, it's confusing.
Yes, & this thread shows just how important it is try try try... to continue to get word to the vets office. I don't use F. Book but my kid could've reached out for me.
-----
((( Hugs Bee))) You are a fantastic Parront! This thread news was great to read this morning :hla: