• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Beak injury

Jezzabel

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Dawn
Hi I have a Blue and Gold Macaw called Jezz. I noticed last night that she is eating from the side of her beak. I’ve checked her beak and I can’t see any cracks. She can’t fly it’s more falling with style these days and I’m wondering if a slight flight/fall yesterday could have bruised her beak. I would be grateful for any comments and advice please.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
You will need to look very closely at the beak to make sure there are no cracks or deep chips and if there aren't then you will need to wiggle it to see if there are sore spots. Generally you can give her two or three days to see if it gets better and if it doesn't then it's off to the vet.

Soft foods only for a couple of days.

Jezzabel

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Dawn
You will need to look very closely at the beak to make sure there are no cracks or deep chips and if there aren't then you will need to wiggle it to see if there are sore spots. Generally you can give her two or three days to see if it gets better and if it doesn't then it's off to the vet.

Soft foods only for a couple of days.
Ok thanks I’ll try that