• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Beak injury?

jenthetiel

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
John
Hi there,
I'm an owner of a close to 1yr old cockatiel, she's my first bird. Yesterday, she flew into a wall while I let her out. She does not show any visible injuries but I think her beak is injured. She is very hesitant of climbing her cage and only eats her millets, she does not eat her pellets. Please help, should I take her to the vet? I'm really not sure what to do. Sorry for bothering you. Thanks

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Bump

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
If she is in pain with inflammation she’ll need metacam from the vet

jenthetiel

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
John
She is eating now, she climbs her cage but still a bit hesitant to clbing her cage but she does clb sometimes

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
You are not bothering anyone. Hope your tiel is doing well. She many have bruised her beak. I have tiels also...and one loves to dunk her pellets in water - so I place her pellet bowl next to her water bowl. Maybe try soaking a few pellets for her.

Continue to watch her.

jenthetiel

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
John
You are not bothering anyone. Hope your tiel is doing well. She many have bruised her beak. I have tiels also...and one loves to dunk her pellets in water - so I place her pellet bowl next to her water bowl. Maybe try soaking a few pellets for her.

Continue to watch her.
She's all healthy now, she's eating well. Thanks for your advice