• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Baytril and amphotericin B

Biz

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Poo
Hi all
I have been using baytril and amphotericin b for my conure
the period of use is 6 days

should I be worried about any side effects? Such as falling and Wobbliness as a result of the medication?
i do not want my conure to get wobbly and fall off her perch in the aviary, should I be worried?

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

BluJay

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jay [he/him]
You might want to keep your conure in it's cage while it is recovering. From reading your past posts it's seems as if it needs the rest. If it is feeling better supervised time in the aviary would be fine. Gage how it is acting in its home beforehand. Regardless I would limit aviary time until off the antibiotic and antifungal medicine. Both of the medications can cause side effects during treatment. 6 days isn't bad. Just like humans if we aren't feeling well we generally don't go for a hike or hit up the gym. I hope he feels better.

Jay

Last edited:

Biz

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Poo
Y
You might want to keep your conure in it's cage while it is recovering. From reading your past posts it's seems as if it needs the rest. If it is feeling better supervised time in the aviary would be fine. Gage how it is acting in its home beforehand. Regardless I would limit aviary time until off the antibiotic and antifungal medicine. Both of the medications can cause side effects during treatment. 6 days isn't bad. Just like humans if we aren't feeling well we generally don't go for a hike or hit up the gym. I hope he feels better.

Jay
yes thank you, she is in a small cage with enough room for her to eat climb play and sleep. I was actually asking more about the after effect of the medicine, like maybe 2 days after antibiotic completion. Might there still be after effects of the antibiotic?

BluJay

Real Name
Jay [he/him]
I wouldn't be able to answer that as it varies with each type of antibiotic and bird. It gets really complicated from someone who isn't trained in pharmacology and parrots. Best bet would be to check with your vet. We are just bird owners and every variable can be different. :cool:

Biz

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Poo
Hi all
I have been using baytril and amphotericin b for my conure
the period of use is 6 days

should I be worried about any side effects? Such as falling and Wobbliness as a result of the medication?
i do not want my conure to get wobbly and fall off her perch in the aviary, should I be worried?
hi is a side effect of Amphotericin watery poops and light green stools? My bird was having poops fine but after I gave her ampho his poops became watery and lighter green

BluJay

Real Name
Jay [he/him]
It could be, I never used that medication with my conure. I'd check with your vet. I would recommend using probiotics regardless of the poops.

Baytril and other antibiotics can reduce the natural flora in birds gastrointestinal system. I use HealthyGut Avian Probiotic.

Some people use bene-bac plus bird, but that's a gel and my bird doesn't like it.

Regardless check with your vet about the stools since there was a stool issue (different) to start.

Jay