• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Baylee update learning

Crazy4parrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
Soo thanks to this page I am learning lots more things about parrot intelligence! Parrot Kindergarten – Stop Guessing and Start Talking! Free Lessons – Registration Page – Parrot Kindergarten Members
They can tell you fave treat or toys... just tried it with Baylee. And wow changed Baylee’s toys for ones she chose! Asking her which one she likes she either touch it or looks at it. She was kinda nervous today I thought well her cage is new more space than what she is used to she is moulting too... well guess what it was a toy she didn’t like that I had put in it and I didn’t noticed she didn’t like it.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I don´t put toys in the cages that they haven´t shown an interest in. Sometimes I will lay out toy pieces and have a wire in my hand and get the birds to choose their pieces, each one they pick up gets put on the wire.

Crazy4parrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
I don´t put toys in the cages that they haven´t shown an interest in. Sometimes I will lay out toy pieces and have a wire in my hand and get the birds to choose their pieces, each one they pick up gets put on the wire.
:knockknock: :eek::eek::eek: Wow I used to put the toys without thinking about it. But definitely I changed that!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
My youngest like all toys, like he´ll play with anything. But everyone else needs a little conditioning to something new or they might get a little scared. Sometimes I show them something and they´re all over it instantly.