• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bathroom Cleansers that won't harm my bird?

MooFish

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Liliana Garcia
So my stepfather has been wanting to get bathroom cleansers but they have all been toxic to my bird (don't worry, we throw it away before we use it), to which it ends up being wasted money... Is there any SAFE BATHROOM CLEANSERS??

MooFish

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Liliana Garcia
I've looked around and heard from a couple people that Method Cleanser is okay for birds. Has anyone had a try with this and has had their birds feel okay? Specifically those who have used the Method Cleanser for their bathrooms...

Solly

Strolling the yard
I've looked around and heard from a couple people that Method Cleanser is okay for birds. Has anyone had a try with this and has had their birds feel okay? Specifically those who have used the Method Cleanser for their bathrooms...
I use method cleaners in the bathroom and kitchen I am allergic to anything with chemicals and strong Smells/citrus.. However I always open the windows and close the doors Until it dries and the smell dies away. I’m usually very careful though because of the canaries and myself.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I recently started using Better Life products.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Plain white vinegar will cut lime calcium deposits. Just may sure you run exhaust fan and door close if you use it in spray bottle.

Tazlima

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
I mix white vinegar and dawn dish soap 50-50 in a spray bottle and it actually works really well. Not quite scrubbing bubbles, but pretty darn close.

Miss Annamarie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Annamarie
I recently started using Better Life products.
I've never heard of those! Just looked it up and I might start using those for cleaning.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm
I've never heard of those! Just looked it up and I might start using those for cleaning.
I'm happy with them. I find that with some you have to rinse well because with like the floor cleaning it can be a bit sticky when it dries if you don't rewipe with water or dilute a bit.