• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bathing

Sarah&Olli

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Sarah Hill
When can I start giving my cockatiel baths? He’s 7/8weeks old

Attachments

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That's a good question. Have you set out of shallow, wide dish of water to see if your tiel will play in the water? It would be a way to find out if she/he is interested.

Kiwi's Dad

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
That's a good question. Have you set out of shallow, wide dish of water to see if your tiel will play in the water? It would be a way to find out if she/he is interested.
You could also try misting him :)

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
The advise that you have received so far is very good, but I just wanted to add one thing. I always start getting my bird used to a mist bottle at a young age as some birds just will not bathe on their own and the moisture is very important for their skin and feathers. Dry skin can be very itchy to a bird, in some cases this can even lead to plucking. Secondly, the moisture greatly helps with the discomfort that parrots feel while molting as well as helps to soften the keratin sheaths on the growing feathers.

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Mine love a bath on sink draining board tap running
But fetching four downstairs is hard to get them back up so I splash my fingers in bowl they all come down I offer it every day they chose if they want to or not

your babies gorgeous